A study for a 36 year old woman who takes Amoxicillin, Clarithromycin - from FDA reports
168 females aged 36 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 36 year old female patient who has H. Pylori. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 20, 2017
168 females aged 36 (±5) who takes Amoxicillin, Clarithromycin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 36
- Gender: female
- Conditions: H. Pylori
- Drugs taken:
- Amoxicillin (amoxicillin)
- Clarithromycin (clarithromycin)
- Drug interactions: Cough, Sore Throat
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Cough: 2 (1.19% of females aged 36 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Sore Throat: 0 (0% of females aged 36 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Cough in H. Pylori: 0 (0% of females aged 36 (±5) who have H. Pylori)
- Sore Throat in H. Pylori: 0 (0% of females aged 36 (±5) who have H. Pylori)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Cough in Amoxicillin: 47 (2.05% of females aged 36 (±5) who take Amoxicillin)
- Cough in Clarithromycin: 47 (2.4% of females aged 36 (±5) who take Clarithromycin)
- Sore Throat in Amoxicillin: 0 (0% of females aged 36 (±5) who take Amoxicillin)
- Sore Throat in Clarithromycin: 0 (0% of females aged 36 (±5) who take Clarithromycin)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Helicobacter Infection (17 people, 10.12%)
- Birth Control (16 people, 9.52%)
- High Blood Pressure (12 people, 7.14%)
- Migraine (11 people, 6.55%)
- Abdominal Pain (11 people, 6.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Yasmin (23 people, 13.69%)
- Prednisone (22 people, 13.10%)
- Lansoprazole (22 people, 13.10%)
- Omeprazole (13 people, 7.74%)
- Methotrexate (13 people, 7.74%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diarrhea (22 people, 13.10%)
- Nausea (15 people, 8.93%)
- Stress And Anxiety (13 people, 7.74%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (13 people, 7.74%)
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (13 people, 7.74%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Amoxicillin 35,872 users)
- Clarithromycin has active ingredients of clarithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Clarithromycin 19,106 users)
What are the conditions?
- H. pylori can be treated by Omeprazole, Clarithromycin, Metronidazole, Biaxin, Prevpac (latest reports from 95 H. pylori patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Cough has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, multiple sclerosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (latest reports from 133,733 Cough patients).
- Sore throat (pain or irritation of the throat) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, gastroesophageal reflux disease, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, asthma, sleep disorder (latest reports from 606 Sore throat patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Almost every day I get a sensation in my throat that lasts forever! It feels like something is stuck in my throat even though I hadn't eaten anything. Like a feeling of mucus stuck there and I can't bring it up no matter how much I keep clearing my throat. I'm sure my esophagus and throat are ...
Been running a fever for 2 weeks now. Very high at first 104.4 but has dropped down to low grade since taking amoxicillin for a week. During day, no fever, but the low grade fever comes at night. I have a dull pain in my shoulder - possibly a muscle spasm, but it has started traveling down my ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I'm on Prozac and have been coughing for at least 6 months. I have had a chest x ray and CT scan with no problems. My pc doc has tried antibiotics, blood work, etc. No one seems to believe that Prozac could be the cause of my cough. When I mention it, its never considered the cause of my ...