A study for a 36 year old woman who takes Amoxicillin, Clarithromycin - from FDA reports
185 females aged 36 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 36 year old female patient who has H. Pylori. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 20, 2017
185 females aged 36 (±5) who takes Amoxicillin, Clarithromycin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 36
- Gender: female
- Conditions: H. Pylori
- Drugs taken:
- Amoxicillin (amoxicillin)
- Clarithromycin (clarithromycin)
- Drug interactions: Cough, Sore Throat
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Cough: 3 (1.62% of females aged 36 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Sore Throat: 0 (0% of females aged 36 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Cough in H. Pylori: 0 (0% of females aged 36 (±5) who have H. Pylori)
- Sore Throat in H. Pylori: 0 (0% of females aged 36 (±5) who have H. Pylori)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Cough in Amoxicillin: 49 (2.04% of females aged 36 (±5) who take Amoxicillin)
- Cough in Clarithromycin: 49 (2.35% of females aged 36 (±5) who take Clarithromycin)
- Sore Throat in Amoxicillin: 0 (0% of females aged 36 (±5) who take Amoxicillin)
- Sore Throat in Clarithromycin: 0 (0% of females aged 36 (±5) who take Clarithromycin)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Helicobacter Infection (22 people, 11.89%)
- Migraine (16 people, 8.65%)
- Birth Control (16 people, 8.65%)
- High Blood Pressure (12 people, 6.49%)
- Abdominal Pain (11 people, 5.95%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Yasmin (23 people, 12.43%)
- Prednisone (22 people, 11.89%)
- Lansoprazole (22 people, 11.89%)
- Omeprazole (13 people, 7.03%)
- Methotrexate (13 people, 7.03%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Diarrhea (22 people, 11.89%)
- Nausea (15 people, 8.11%)
- Stress And Anxiety (13 people, 7.03%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (13 people, 7.03%)
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (13 people, 7.03%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Amoxicillin has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in infection. (latest outcomes from Amoxicillin 38,417 users)
- Clarithromycin has active ingredients of clarithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Clarithromycin 20,092 users)
What are the conditions?
- H. pylori can be treated by Omeprazole, Clarithromycin, Metronidazole, Biaxin, Prevpac (latest reports from 99 H. pylori patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Cough has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, multiple sclerosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (latest reports from 143,521 Cough patients).
- Sore throat (pain or irritation of the throat) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, high blood cholesterol, sleep disorder, nausea (latest reports from 689 Sore throat patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Almost every day I get a sensation in my throat that lasts forever! It feels like something is stuck in my throat even though I hadn't eaten anything. Like a feeling of mucus stuck there and I can't bring it up no matter how much I keep clearing my throat. I'm sure my esophagus and throat are ...
Been running a fever for 2 weeks now. Very high at first 104.4 but has dropped down to low grade since taking amoxicillin for a week. During day, no fever, but the low grade fever comes at night. I have a dull pain in my shoulder - possibly a muscle spasm, but it has started traveling down my ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Looking for people to communicate with that are experiencing episodic coughing spells after taking casodex. The cough is severe and makes me so fatigue and causes my back to hurt. What are others doing for their coughs?
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
I started Xeloda in March, Before it I had a cough from flu and another chemo. It almost subsided. Now I cough every day it affected talking. In the mornings I coughed violently, non-stop till vomiting. Take different cough remedies but it does not help.
I am new to the group. I have been taking Eliquis (5 mg. twice daily) since December 2016. About a month or two in I began developing a cough. There is no blood in my sputum, and I am not short of breath. There is no pain. The cough is especially heavy when I have post-nasal drip.
Yes hello my name is Heide B and my mother wad given new heart meds back in March of this year after a hospital visit due to a change in her breathing. Well, as it has been said there is about 70 to 80% blockage in two arteries in her heart muscle. Because of this, she has had to start new meds ...