A study for a 40 year old man who takes Ramipril, Omeprazole - from FDA reports
115 males aged 40 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 40 year old male patient who has Hypertension, Acid Reflux. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 20, 2017
115 males aged 40 (±5) who takes Ramipril, Omeprazole are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 40
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Hypertension, Acid Reflux
- Drugs taken:
- Ramipril (ramipril)
- Omeprazole (omeprazole)
- Drug interactions: Cluster Headache
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Cluster Headache: 0 (0% of males aged 40 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Cluster Headache in Hypertension: 0 (0% of males aged 40 (±5) who have Hypertension)
- Cluster Headache in Acid Reflux: 0 (0% of males aged 40 (±5) who have Acid Reflux)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Cluster Headache in Ramipril: 0 (0% of males aged 40 (±5) who take Ramipril)
- Cluster Headache in Omeprazole: 4 (0.06% of males aged 40 (±5) who take Omeprazole)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (25 people, 21.74%)
- Diabetes (9 people, 7.83%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (7 people, 6.09%)
- Pain (6 people, 5.22%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (6 people, 5.22%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Simvastatin (30 people, 26.09%)
- Metformin (17 people, 14.78%)
- Bisoprolol Fumarate (14 people, 12.17%)
- Aspirin (14 people, 12.17%)
- Digoxin (12 people, 10.43%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypoglycemia (19 people, 16.52%)
- Renal Failure Acute (13 people, 11.30%)
- Rashes (12 people, 10.43%)
- Diarrhea (7 people, 6.09%)
- Anaphylaxis (6 people, 5.22%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Ramipril has active ingredients of ramipril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Ramipril 57,496 users)
- Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Omeprazole 174,594 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol tartrate (latest reports from 524,353 Hypertension patients)
- Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Prevacid (latest reports from 139,158 Acid reflux patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Cluster headache (one-sided head pain with tearing) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, depression (latest reports from 1,322 Cluster headache patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Female aged 67 taking 100mcg levothyroxine daily for underactive thyroid plus daily aspirin for 4years. Recently prescribed formoterol fumarate inhaler (6 months ago) then Spiriva inhaler plus 40mg omeprazole a week ago. I booked a thyroid test 3 weeks ago because my under active symptoms ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi, I was wonderng if anyone had any solutions or ways to deal with or ease the dizziness symptoms brought on by Omeprazole / PPI's. I have trouble taking PPI primarily due to dizziness associated with them as a side effect. HOWEVER, they do seem to help me cope with my stomach issues ...
Please help me. Ive only been on Omeprazole for a couple of days and already got absolutely no appetite whatsoever. Unfortunately, I also suffer from Depression and Anxiety but havebeen on medication for that for nearly 8 years and all was going well until I took Omeprazole and now have gone to ...
I've only just heard of the possible link between Omeprazole and irregular heart beat and am trying to work out when I started both. It's several years ago for both. I just understood I had AF, and I do definitely know that stress affects it. The reflux was controlled on a small dosage, but ...