A study for a 38 year old woman who takes Tranexamic Acid - from FDA reports
411 females aged 38 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 38 year old female patient who has Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 25, 2017
411 females aged 38 (±5) who takes Tranexamic Acid are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 38
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding
- Drugs taken:
- Tranexamic Acid (tranexamic acid)
- Side effects: Breathing Difficulty
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Breathing Difficulty: 10 (2.43% of females aged 38 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Breathing Difficulty in Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding: 72 (2.77% of females aged 38 (±5) who have Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Breathing Difficulty in Tranexamic Acid: 10 (2.43% of females aged 38 (±5) who take Tranexamic Acid)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Prophylaxis (119 people, 28.95%)
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (117 people, 28.47%)
- Haematology Test Abnormal (79 people, 19.22%)
- Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding (54 people, 13.14%)
- Depression (24 people, 5.84%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lansoprazole (133 people, 32.36%)
- Dexamethasone (118 people, 28.71%)
- Norethindrone (102 people, 24.82%)
- Nplate (87 people, 21.17%)
- Omeprazole (19 people, 4.62%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Vaginal Haemorrhage (128 people, 31.14%)
- Rash Maculo-Papular (126 people, 30.66%)
- Purpura (123 people, 29.93%)
- Haemoglobin Decreased (121 people, 29.44%)
- Rectal Haemorrhage (118 people, 28.71%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Tranexamic acid has active ingredients of tranexamic acid. It is often used in heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding. (latest outcomes from Tranexamic acid 2,546 users)
What are the conditions?
- Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding can be treated by Mirena, Tranexamic acid, Progesterone, Provera, Depo-provera (latest reports from 25,634 Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Breathing difficulty has been reported by people with high blood pressure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, primary pulmonary hypertension, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 303,110 Breathing difficulty patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
After starting Lasix, have been experiencing shortness of breath. I am 68, female and also taking Synthroid. I was hoping someone may know of something that could help with the shortness of breath. Is there a change in diet that could help?
Started with 20 mg of Latuda with dinner for a week with a little burning and tightness and sort of heat in my chest, and then I went up to 40 mg after a week or 8 days, hoping the symptoms would stop. After upping to 40mg, I started feeling rapid heart beat and extreme yawning as if I couldn't ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi My name isCaroline & I've been addicted to Nurofen plus for years. I've gone cold turkey so many times, each time telling myself never again- the withdrawals are horrendous, yet a few weeks later, I take some thinking "just the one packet", but back on it again. I'm desperate to stop & ...
After 1 week on atenolo I started feeling bad. After 3 weeks I thought I was going to pass out and was nauseous and lightheaded. I stopped taking the atenolol and ended up in emergency with bp of 180/115 and terrible symptoms like tight chest, anxiety, internal shaking, massive nausea, ...
Hi, I have been on Fentanyl for about 5 years, recently my doctor upped the dosage, I noticed my shortness of breath got much worse, my dr prescribed Xanax because he thought the shortness of breath was from anxiety and stress but now I see that when combined with the Fentanyl it might cause ...
Have only taken Viagra 4 times. First 3 times they were no side effects. After the 4th time I'm experiencing shortness of breath. That has been 4 days ago, not sure if it's Viagra or something totally different. I take 50mg! Your thoughts...