A study for a 74 year old woman who takes Cetirizine Hydrochloride - from FDA reports
3,914 females aged 74 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 74 year old female patient who has Allergic Rhinitis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 20, 2017
3,914 females aged 74 (±5) who takes Cetirizine Hydrochloride are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 74
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Allergic Rhinitis
- Drugs taken:
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride (cetirizine hydrochloride)
- Side effects: Xeroderma, Rash Scaly, Dry Eyes
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Xeroderma: 0 (0% of females aged 74 (±5) who take the drug)
- Rash Scaly: 1 (0.03% of females aged 74 (±5) who take the drug)
- Dry Eyes: 19 (0.49% of females aged 74 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dry Eyes in Allergic Rhinitis: 1 (0.32% of females aged 74 (±5) who have Allergic Rhinitis)
- Rash Scaly in Allergic Rhinitis: 0 (0% of females aged 74 (±5) who have Allergic Rhinitis)
- Xeroderma in Allergic Rhinitis: 0 (0% of females aged 74 (±5) who have Allergic Rhinitis)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dry Eyes in Cetirizine Hydrochloride: 19 (0.49% of females aged 74 (±5) who take Cetirizine Hydrochloride)
- Rash Scaly in Cetirizine Hydrochloride: 1 (0.03% of females aged 74 (±5) who take Cetirizine Hydrochloride)
- Xeroderma in Cetirizine Hydrochloride: 0 (0% of females aged 74 (±5) who take Cetirizine Hydrochloride)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (430 people, 10.99%)
- Hypersensitivity (353 people, 9.02%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (316 people, 8.07%)
- Multiple Allergies (265 people, 6.77%)
- Osteoporosis (222 people, 5.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid (364 people, 9.30%)
- Aspirin (346 people, 8.84%)
- Lipitor (313 people, 8.00%)
- Lasix (297 people, 7.59%)
- Singulair (285 people, 7.28%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (281 people, 7.18%)
- Fatigue (279 people, 7.13%)
- Rashes (264 people, 6.75%)
- Breathing Difficulty (260 people, 6.64%)
- Drug Ineffective (248 people, 6.34%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Cetirizine hydrochloride has active ingredients of cetirizine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Cetirizine hydrochloride 4,595 users)
What are the conditions?
- Allergic rhinitis can be treated by Loratadine, Flonase, Nasonex, Zyrtec, Fluticasone propionate (latest reports from 10,841 Allergic rhinitis patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Xeroderma (dry skin include itching and red, cracked or flaky skin) has been reported by people with hepatitis c, preventive health care, high blood pressure, lung adenocarcinoma, colon cancer (latest reports from 199 Xeroderma patients).
- Rash scaly has been reported by people with malaria, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure (latest reports from 647 Rash scaly patients).
- Dry eyes (lack of adequate tears) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, dry eyes, osteoporosis, depression (latest reports from 26,014 Dry eyes patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I am in pain everyday! My life sucks! I just want to know how to get some relief! Most days I don't want to get out of bed! My feet and legs hurt the most on me but lately my hands are starting to hurt! On my right foot I have a lump on the bottom of my foot, I have bunions(big) on both feet, ...
The baby has had a fever that is not responsive to paracetamol , diarrhea and otitis media. Cetririzine was prescriped then she start ro loss her ability of sitting and she can not support her neck . Symptoms are getting worse her tounge is deviated . No improvement is observed
You may be interested in these reviews
I have extremely dry eyes that really is so uncomfortable. I'm on Restasis but it's not helping as much as I had hoped. Sometimes I feel embarrassed in public because I have to close my eyes for a few seconds at a time when talking to people. But the worse part is when I force myself to think of ...
I have been suffering from dry eyes for the past 18 months which I am sure has been caused by Keppra it started about 6 weeks after I started on the drug it is now spoiling my quality of life at a loss to know what to do.