A study for a 63 year old woman who takes Synthroid, Vitamin D - from FDA reports
2,041 females aged 63 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 63 year old female patient who has Hypothyroid. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 20, 2017
2,041 females aged 63 (±5) who takes Synthroid, Vitamin D are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 63
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Hypothyroid
- Drugs taken:
- Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium)
- Vitamin D (ergocalciferol)
- Drug interactions: Heel Pain
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Heel Pain: 0 (0% of females aged 63 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Heel Pain in Hypothyroid: 0 (0% of females aged 63 (±5) who have Hypothyroid)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Heel Pain in Synthroid: 0 (0% of females aged 63 (±5) who take Synthroid)
- Heel Pain in Vitamin D: 0 (0% of females aged 63 (±5) who take Vitamin D)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hypothyroidism (324 people, 15.87%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (299 people, 14.65%)
- High Blood Pressure (227 people, 11.12%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (221 people, 10.83%)
- Pain (183 people, 8.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Calcium (409 people, 20.04%)
- Humira (300 people, 14.70%)
- Fish Oil (234 people, 11.46%)
- Nexium (186 people, 9.11%)
- Vitamin B12 (185 people, 9.06%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (212 people, 10.39%)
- Headache (195 people, 9.55%)
- Nausea (184 people, 9.02%)
- Pain (182 people, 8.92%)
- Joint Pain (172 people, 8.43%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Synthroid 137,632 users)
- Vitamin d has active ingredients of ergocalciferol. It is often used in rickets. (latest outcomes from Vitamin d 52,777 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hypothyroid can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine thyroid, Levothroid (latest reports from 77,546 Hypothyroid patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Heel pain has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease (latest reports from 41 Heel pain patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
The list of conditions and medications is not complete. I feel my immune system is very compromised and want some ideas on how to increase my immunity. I exercise on a regular basis, walk nearly every day, am trying to eat better, take vitamins etc, don't smoke or drink, go to doc and take their ...
acute onset numbness , weakness, and gait abnormalities over year ago, other abnormal sensations/functions and pain came on later, symptoms involving mostly sensory and autonomic with some motor persist but fluctuate. have a hard time controlling and dealing with the pain especially. sometimes ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Please help! After thyroid removal and being started on synthroid, my neck, chest and upper back is full of acne! My endo says is not related but it all started after taking synthroid. Any suggestions on how to stop this?
I have been on synthroid since 2013, I had a thyroidectomy due to thyroid cancer. Ever since starting synthroid I have not been able to get control of my joint pain and swelling, no matter what is used. It appears only prednisone at 20mg works but it isn't a solution. None of my Dr.'s think ...
I started having oily eyelids after using Latisse and nothing seems to help, Its been years now. I do the warm soaks with baby shampoo. Is there a class action lawsuit against this people? There should be.
Does anyone have a good treatment for loose stools/diarrhea from taking Synthroid? My Dr. told me to take a probiotic, which I got acidophulus, as other ones are so expensive. I feel like I live on pepto bismol. Thanks!
Total thryroidectomy, ablation.synthroid,numb fingers, especially right hand worse with any alcohol,less so with too much sugar.Wondering if this is a sign of trouble,too much synthroid,too little synthroid...Thx for accepting me and hello and best to all!