A study for a 63 year old woman who takes Forteo - from FDA reports
15,247 females aged 63 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 63 year old female patient who has Osteoporosis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 20, 2017
15,247 females aged 63 (±5) who takes Forteo are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 63
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Osteoporosis
- Drugs taken:
- Forteo (teriparatide recombinant human)
- Side effects: Heel Pain
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Heel Pain: 0 (0% of females aged 63 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Heel Pain in Osteoporosis: 0 (0% of females aged 63 (±5) who have Osteoporosis)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Heel Pain in Forteo: 0 (0% of females aged 63 (±5) who take Forteo)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (10,929 people, 71.68%)
- Pain (281 people, 1.84%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (190 people, 1.25%)
- High Blood Pressure (163 people, 1.07%)
- Osteopenia (140 people, 0.92%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid (610 people, 4.00%)
- Calcium (464 people, 3.04%)
- Aspirin (434 people, 2.85%)
- Prednisone (432 people, 2.83%)
- Evista (431 people, 2.83%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (1,875 people, 12.30%)
- Dizziness (1,626 people, 10.66%)
- Joint Pain (1,609 people, 10.55%)
- Pain In Extremity (1,561 people, 10.24%)
- Pain (1,383 people, 9.07%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Forteo has active ingredients of teriparatide recombinant human. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from Forteo 107,840 users)
What are the conditions?
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break) can be treated by Fosamax, Vitamin d, Calcium, Alendronate sodium, Actonel (latest reports from 179,539 Osteoporosis patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Heel pain has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease (latest reports from 43 Heel pain patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I am looking for anybody that has CML and has used Forteo to treat bone density loss. My Cml is in remission with the use of Sprycel. However I have had some bone density loss resulting in compression fractures. Forteo seems to be the medicine of choice but we cannot find any data on a CML ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I am 52 year old male with crohns disease. I have been on Remicade since 2002 and it has given me some quality to life. As most with crohns would know that within time you develop osteoporosis. On January 31st I started the Forteo injections. The next day I could tell that something was not ...
Been taking Forteo for 6 months.. It seems to make me want to drink water all day and urinate all day and up at night....Just found out I now have low potassium, so this urinating might be causing me to have low potassium.. Any one have the same problem..Don't know what to do..doctors just say ...