A study for a 85 year old man who takes Eliquis, Donepezil - from FDA reports
27 males aged 85 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 85 year old male patient who has Stroke, Vascular Dementia. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 19, 2017
27 males aged 85 (±5) who takes Eliquis, Donepezil are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 85
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Stroke, Vascular Dementia
- Drugs taken:
- Eliquis (apixaban)
- Donepezil (donepezil hydrochloride)
- Drug interactions: Runny Nose, Dysphasia
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Runny Nose: 0 (0% of males aged 85 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Dysphasia: 0 (0% of males aged 85 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dysphasia in Stroke: 57 (1.11% of males aged 85 (±5) who have Stroke)
- Dysphasia in Vascular Dementia: 22 (1.81% of males aged 85 (±5) who have Vascular Dementia)
- Runny Nose in Stroke: 0 (0% of males aged 85 (±5) who have Stroke)
- Runny Nose in Vascular Dementia: 0 (0% of males aged 85 (±5) who have Vascular Dementia)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dysphasia in Eliquis: 10 (0.48% of males aged 85 (±5) who take Eliquis)
- Dysphasia in Donepezil: 42 (1.31% of males aged 85 (±5) who take Donepezil)
- Runny Nose in Eliquis: 0 (0% of males aged 85 (±5) who take Eliquis)
- Runny Nose in Donepezil: 1 (0.03% of males aged 85 (±5) who take Donepezil)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (10 people, 37.04%)
- Stroke (9 people, 33.33%)
- Dementia (4 people, 14.81%)
- Constipation (3 people, 11.11%)
- Back Pain (2 people, 7.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Plavix (5 people, 18.52%)
- Lipitor (5 people, 18.52%)
- Flagyl (4 people, 14.81%)
- Calcium (3 people, 11.11%)
- Ativan (3 people, 11.11%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Cerebral Haemorrhage (3 people, 11.11%)
- Pneumonia (2 people, 7.41%)
- Dementia Alzheimer's Type (2 people, 7.41%)
- Death (2 people, 7.41%)
- Blood Urea Increased (2 people, 7.41%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Eliquis has active ingredients of apixaban. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Eliquis 22,304 users)
- Donepezil has active ingredients of donepezil hydrochloride. It is often used in dementia. (latest outcomes from Donepezil 7,315 users)
What are the conditions?
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen) can be treated by Plavix, Aspirin, Aggrenox, Coumadin, Warfarin sodium (latest reports from 186,132 Stroke patients)
- Vascular dementia (vascular dementia is a general term describing problems with reasoning, planning, judgment, memory and other thought) can be treated by Aricept, Namenda, Donepezil, Seroquel, Exelon (latest reports from 19,499 Vascular dementia patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Runny nose has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, depression (latest reports from 1,914 Runny nose patients).
- Dysphasia (language disorder marked by deficiency in the generation of speech) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 46,644 Dysphasia patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
After being treated for ITP for several months on high doses of prednisone, 120mg daily, I developed many pulmonary embolisms in both lungs at same time, December 2015. Started on Warfarin and just a month ago the doc switched me to Eliquis after being off warfarin for a few weeks due to a ...
I have been taking Eliquis for Afib for about 2 years. My hair is falling out and I thought it was due to my age 78. The receptionist at my interns office suggested Biotin. Going to give this a try after I check with my Cardiologist that it will be alright with the medications I am on. Looking ...
Male, 85 years old. Taking levetiracetam since 2 weeks ago because of aphasia and confusion with normal MRI , normal brain angiography, EEG without paroxisms. Normal blood tests. Normal CSF with PCR negative for Herpes Virus. The symptoms fully dessapeared in 36 hours. Decreasing the dose of ...
I've had 3 ablasions in 6 years and i can't take a chance of this garcinia if it will react with tikosyn. My blood pressure goes to 200/110 i need to lose weight. Hoping that this garcinia will help. I'm 40 pounds over weight. Thanks
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been on Eliquis for a week and a half and my blood pressure has gone from 110/70 to 140/80. I was put on Eliquis because I have had AFib twice in 6 years. I always know when I go into AFib and wonder if anyone else has this problem since taking eliquis.
I have been suffering from acute rhinitus/post nasal drip in and off for 30 years. It just lately it has become a debilitating nightmare. Despite daily use of ciclesonide spray etc etc - no allergies to speak of plus bring on an autoimmune diet I am not keeping it at bay I get the ...