A study for a 92 year old woman who takes Letairis - from FDA reports
869 females aged 92 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 92 year old female patient who has Pulmonary Hypertension. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 20, 2017
869 females aged 92 (±5) who takes Letairis are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 92
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Pulmonary Hypertension
- Drugs taken:
- Letairis (ambrisentan)
- Side effects: Shortness Of Breath
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Shortness Of Breath: 134 (15.42% of females aged 92 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Shortness Of Breath in Pulmonary Hypertension: 57 (14.07% of females aged 92 (±5) who have Pulmonary Hypertension)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Shortness Of Breath in Letairis: 134 (15.42% of females aged 92 (±5) who take Letairis)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (244 people, 28.08%)
- Pulmonary Hypertension (177 people, 20.37%)
- Systemic Sclerosis (scleroderma) (19 people, 2.19%)
- Cor Pulmonale Chronic (16 people, 1.84%)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (12 people, 1.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Revatio (91 people, 10.47%)
- Coumadin (54 people, 6.21%)
- Adcirca (50 people, 5.75%)
- Lasix (44 people, 5.06%)
- Tyvaso (31 people, 3.57%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Death (91 people, 10.47%)
- Oedema (51 people, 5.87%)
- Oedema Peripheral (50 people, 5.75%)
- Nasal Congestion (44 people, 5.06%)
- Dizziness (43 people, 4.95%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Letairis has active ingredients of ambrisentan. It is often used in pulmonary hypertension. (latest outcomes from Letairis 80,821 users)
What are the conditions?
- Pulmonary hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery) can be treated by Revatio, Letairis, Lasix, Adcirca (latest reports from 54,734 Pulmonary hypertension patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Shortness of breath has been reported by people with high blood pressure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, primary pulmonary hypertension, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 303,025 Shortness of breath patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
After starting Lasix, have been experiencing shortness of breath. I am 68, female and also taking Synthroid. I was hoping someone may know of something that could help with the shortness of breath. Is there a change in diet that could help?
Started with 20 mg of Latuda with dinner for a week with a little burning and tightness and sort of heat in my chest, and then I went up to 40 mg after a week or 8 days, hoping the symptoms would stop. After upping to 40mg, I started feeling rapid heart beat and extreme yawning as if I couldn't ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been diagnosed with a auto immune disease similar to lupus, a connective tissue issue. I'm taking mycophenolate and prednisone, Sleepless nights and shortness of breath are my main side effects.
Always seem to be a little out of breath, I think it's due to the two doses of 50 mg twice daily that's causing it. Started taking it after my heart attach 2 years ago this month. Anyone else have the same symptoms?
My Dad just finished his second round of Velcade and Retuxin for Waldenstrom and in a matter of a month went from being very active to not being able to do anything at all. He has shortness of breath very lethargic and neuropathy and weight loss. We are at a loss as to what to do for him as ...