A study for a 38 year old man who takes Lipitor, Synthroid, Prilosec, Omega 3, Tricor - from FDA reports
842 males aged 38 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 38 year old male patient who has Hypothyroid, Gerd, Hyperlipidemia. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 20, 2017
842 males aged 38 (±5) who takes Lipitor, Synthroid, Prilosec, Omega 3, Tricor are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 38
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Hypothyroid, Gerd, Hyperlipidemia
- Drugs taken:
- Lipitor (atorvastatin calcium)
- Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium)
- Prilosec (omeprazole)
- Omega 3 (cod liver oil)
- Tricor (fenofibrate)
- Drug interactions: Muscle Cramps
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Muscle Cramps: 3 (0.36% of males aged 38 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Muscle Cramps in Hyperlipidemia: 11 (0.37% of males aged 38 (±5) who have Hyperlipidemia)
- Muscle Cramps in Hypothyroid: 1 (0.24% of males aged 38 (±5) who have Hypothyroid)
- Muscle Cramps in Gerd: 0 (0% of males aged 38 (±5) who have Gerd)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Muscle Cramps in Lipitor: 23 (0.61% of males aged 38 (±5) who take Lipitor)
- Muscle Cramps in Prilosec: 17 (0.3% of males aged 38 (±5) who take Prilosec)
- Muscle Cramps in Tricor: 3 (0.25% of males aged 38 (±5) who take Tricor)
- Muscle Cramps in Synthroid: 7 (0.3% of males aged 38 (±5) who take Synthroid)
- Muscle Cramps in Omega 3: 0 (0% of males aged 38 (±5) who take Omega 3)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (100 people, 11.88%)
- Depression (96 people, 11.40%)
- High Blood Pressure (78 people, 9.26%)
- Pain (65 people, 7.72%)
- Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease (61 people, 7.24%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (112 people, 13.30%)
- Seroquel (68 people, 8.08%)
- Lisinopril (67 people, 7.96%)
- Zyprexa (56 people, 6.65%)
- Atenolol (54 people, 6.41%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (65 people, 7.72%)
- Chest Pain (65 people, 7.72%)
- Headache (62 people, 7.36%)
- Diabetes (62 people, 7.36%)
- Dizziness (61 people, 7.24%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 181,324 users)
- Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Synthroid 137,632 users)
- Prilosec has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Prilosec 81,220 users)
- Omega 3 has active ingredients of cod liver oil. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Omega 3 2,010 users)
- Tricor has active ingredients of fenofibrate. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Tricor 18,944 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hypothyroid can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine thyroid, Levothroid (latest reports from 77,546 Hypothyroid patients)
- Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Prevacid (latest reports from 18,497 Gerd patients)
- Hyperlipidemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood) can be treated by Lipitor, Simvastatin, Crestor, Pravastatin sodium, Zocor (latest reports from 243,033 Hyperlipidemia patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 10,559 Muscle cramps patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Lipitor and Synthroid drug interaction
- Lipitor and Prilosec drug interaction
- Lipitor and Omega 3 drug interaction
- Lipitor and Tricor drug interaction
- Synthroid and Prilosec drug interaction
- Synthroid and Omega 3 drug interaction
- Synthroid and Tricor drug interaction
- Prilosec and Omega 3 drug interaction
- Prilosec and Tricor drug interaction
- Omega 3 and Tricor drug interaction
Can you answer these questions?
I had three Dermatofibromas that took 10 years to develop. However, within the last four months (when I started taking Prilosec daily), I'm now up to 15. I have read that when you have more than 15 DF's and they are developing within a short period of time, that qualifies as Multiple ...
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Please help! After thyroid removal and being started on synthroid, my neck, chest and upper back is full of acne! My endo says is not related but it all started after taking synthroid. Any suggestions on how to stop this?
I have been on synthroid since 2013, I had a thyroidectomy due to thyroid cancer. Ever since starting synthroid I have not been able to get control of my joint pain and swelling, no matter what is used. It appears only prednisone at 20mg works but it isn't a solution. None of my Dr.'s think ...