A study for a 78 year old man who takes Micardis, Avodart, Amoxil - from FDA reports
55 males aged 78 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 78 year old male patient who has Hypertension, Bph, Uti. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 19, 2017
55 males aged 78 (±5) who takes Micardis, Avodart, Amoxil are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 78
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Hypertension, Bph, Uti
- Drugs taken:
- Micardis (telmisartan)
- Avodart (dutasteride)
- Amoxil (amoxicillin)
- Drug interactions: Blood In Stool
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Blood In Stool: 0 (0% of males aged 78 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Blood In Stool in Hypertension: 0 (0% of males aged 78 (±5) who have Hypertension)
- Blood In Stool in Bph: 0 (0% of males aged 78 (±5) who have Bph)
- Blood In Stool in Uti: 0 (0% of males aged 78 (±5) who have Uti)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Blood In Stool in Micardis: 1 (0.05% of males aged 78 (±5) who take Micardis)
- Blood In Stool in Avodart: 0 (0% of males aged 78 (±5) who take Avodart)
- Blood In Stool in Amoxil: 1 (0.06% of males aged 78 (±5) who take Amoxil)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (11 people, 20.00%)
- Enlarged Prostate (10 people, 18.18%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (7 people, 12.73%)
- Type 2 Diabetes (4 people, 7.27%)
- Hypertonic Bladder (4 people, 7.27%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Coumadin (16 people, 29.09%)
- Aspirin (14 people, 25.45%)
- Lasix (10 people, 18.18%)
- Vytorin (6 people, 10.91%)
- Nexium (6 people, 10.91%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Renal Failure Acute (11 people, 20.00%)
- Hypotension (9 people, 16.36%)
- High Blood Pressure (9 people, 16.36%)
- Fainting (9 people, 16.36%)
- Dehydration (9 people, 16.36%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Micardis has active ingredients of telmisartan. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Micardis 20,346 users)
- Avodart has active ingredients of dutasteride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from Avodart 12,423 users)
- Amoxil has active ingredients of amoxicillin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Amoxil 2,291 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol tartrate (latest reports from 524,353 Hypertension patients)
- Bph can be treated by Flomax, Avodart, Finasteride, Tamsulosin, Tamsulosin hydrochloride (latest reports from 25,512 Bph patients)
- Uti (urinary tract infection) can be treated by Macrobid, Ciprofloxacin hydrochloride, Bactrim, Ciprofloxacin, Bactrim ds (latest reports from 119,318 Uti patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Blood in stool has been reported by people with irritable bowel syndrome, weight loss, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure (latest reports from 3,189 Blood in stool patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Micardis and Avodart drug interaction
- Micardis and Amoxil drug interaction
- Avodart and Amoxil drug interaction
Can you answer these questions?
A year and 6 months ago I was suffering from severe hairloss, my hair line was receding drastically and I lost so much hair, I tried treating it naturally but nothing seemed to be working, I just couldn't let my self go bald for various reasons. I decided to take avodart around the age of 20 ...
i was diagnosed with hypertension and being treat with micardis 40mg for almost 3 months. during these 3 months, i did 11 hiv tests including 9 combo ag/ab and 2 quick test. all negative. the last test i did was 95 days from the last risk which was handjob. am i safe? and the micardis im taking ...
Concerned about relieving sleep apnea to help with memory loss. Taking vinpocetine to improve hearing eyesight, and hopefully, memory I take echinacea to build my immune system and haven't been sick in nine years. I take turmeric to prevent cancer. I take Kombucha and mangosteen ...
i am 40 year old male taking Baclofen for muscle pain, avodart for hair loss and Olmetic for moderate high blood pressure issues. Over the last two years my fingernails (thumb and index finger on both hands) and big toe nails have become brittle and are splitting and thumb nails are concave in ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I am 40 years of age and i have been on Avodart for nearly a year. I have been unable to maintain an erection and also priapism occasionally. Lack of ejaculation and when i do it's painful. The amount is also minimal and it must be going somewhere. I am begining to think the side effects are not ...
I have been taking Dutasteride for my severely enlarged prostate and have been experiencing enlarged breasts. Because of the increasing size and weight of my breasts it has become uncomfortable especially during physical activity. Does anyone know if the breasts continue to enlarge as long as I ...
I have been taking Jentadueto ( metformin plus something else ..) for 3 years now, plus 81 mg aspiriin for diabetes. I am 64 years old. I had blood in my stool about two month ago. It was a lot. I freaked out. No pain and no other symptoms. I went to a family doctor and then to a ...