A study for a 68 year old man who takes Lipitor, Baby Aspirin, Coq10 - from FDA reports
158 males aged 68 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 68 year old male patient who has Hypertension, High Blood Pressure, Blood Pressure - High. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 20, 2017
158 males aged 68 (±5) who takes Lipitor, Baby Aspirin, Coq10 are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 68
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Hypertension, High Blood Pressure, Blood Pressure - High
- Drugs taken:
- Lipitor (atorvastatin calcium)
- Baby Aspirin (aspirin)
- Coq10 (coenzyme q - 10)
- Drug interactions: Dry Eye
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Dry Eye: 0 (0% of males aged 68 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dry Eye in Hypertension: 37 (0.11% of males aged 68 (±5) who have Hypertension)
- Dry Eye in High Blood Pressure: 37 (0.11% of males aged 68 (±5) who have High Blood Pressure)
- Dry Eye in Blood Pressure - High: 37 (0.11% of males aged 68 (±5) who have Blood Pressure - High)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dry Eye in Lipitor: 34 (0.12% of males aged 68 (±5) who take Lipitor)
- Dry Eye in Baby Aspirin: 64 (0.14% of males aged 68 (±5) who take Baby Aspirin)
- Dry Eye in Coq10: 15 (1.24% of males aged 68 (±5) who take Coq10)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (51 people, 32.28%)
- High Blood Pressure (27 people, 17.09%)
- Cardiac Disorder (17 people, 10.76%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (17 people, 10.76%)
- Multiple Myeloma (15 people, 9.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fish Oil (38 people, 24.05%)
- Niaspan (21 people, 13.29%)
- Vitamin C (18 people, 11.39%)
- Plavix (17 people, 10.76%)
- Folic Acid (16 people, 10.13%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Arrhythmias (14 people, 8.86%)
- Rashes (13 people, 8.23%)
- Fatigue (13 people, 8.23%)
- Chest Pain (13 people, 8.23%)
- Weakness (10 people, 6.33%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Lipitor has active ingredients of atorvastatin calcium. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Lipitor 181,324 users)
- Baby aspirin has active ingredients of aspirin. It is often used in blood clots. (latest outcomes from Baby aspirin 9,823 users)
- Coq10 has active ingredients of coenzyme q - 10. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from Coq10 4,808 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol tartrate (latest reports from 493,787 Hypertension patients)
- High blood pressure can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol tartrate (latest reports from 493,786 High blood pressure patients)
- Blood pressure - high can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol tartrate (latest reports from 493,794 Blood pressure - high patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Dry eye (lack of adequate tears) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, dry eyes, osteoporosis, acne (latest reports from 23,372 Dry eye patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Lipitor and Baby aspirin drug interaction
- Lipitor and Coq10 drug interaction
- Baby aspirin and Coq10 drug interaction
Can you answer these questions?
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
A bad fall in 2006. Required pain management MRIS, numerous tests and a cervical and lumbar surgery in 2007 to correct. Two Rear end car accidents while I was at a stop light. One in 2011 and one in 2015. I already had spinal stenosis and degenerative disc desease genetically passed on. Problems ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have extremely dry eyes that really is so uncomfortable. I'm on Restasis but it's not helping as much as I had hoped. Sometimes I feel embarrassed in public because I have to close my eyes for a few seconds at a time when talking to people. But the worse part is when I force myself to think of ...