A study for a 57 year old man who takes Thalomid, Dexamethasone, Velcade - from FDA reports
277 males aged 57 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 57 year old male patient who has Multiple Myeloma. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 20, 2017
277 males aged 57 (±5) who takes Thalomid, Dexamethasone, Velcade are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 57
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Multiple Myeloma
- Drugs taken:
- Thalomid (thalidomide)
- Dexamethasone (dexamethasone)
- Velcade (bortezomib)
- Drug interactions: Sinusitis
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Sinusitis: 24 (8.66% of males aged 57 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Sinusitis in Multiple Myeloma: 189 (1.46% of males aged 57 (±5) who have Multiple Myeloma)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Sinusitis in Thalomid: 95 (2.22% of males aged 57 (±5) who take Thalomid)
- Sinusitis in Velcade: 67 (1.77% of males aged 57 (±5) who take Velcade)
- Sinusitis in Dexamethasone: 159 (1.57% of males aged 57 (±5) who take Dexamethasone)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (235 people, 84.84%)
- Pain (26 people, 9.39%)
- Preventive Health Care (15 people, 5.42%)
- Seasonal Allergy (11 people, 3.97%)
- Nausea (6 people, 2.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (104 people, 37.55%)
- Revlimid (81 people, 29.24%)
- Cyclophosphamide (78 people, 28.16%)
- Etoposide (64 people, 23.10%)
- Cisplatin (54 people, 19.49%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pneumonia (77 people, 27.80%)
- Pain (77 people, 27.80%)
- Stress And Anxiety (66 people, 23.83%)
- Anaemia (64 people, 23.10%)
- Multiple Myeloma (57 people, 20.58%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Thalomid has active ingredients of thalidomide. It is often used in multiple myeloma. (latest outcomes from Thalomid 31,958 users)
- Dexamethasone has active ingredients of dexamethasone. It is often used in multiple myeloma. (latest outcomes from Dexamethasone 65,564 users)
- Velcade has active ingredients of bortezomib. It is often used in multiple myeloma. (latest outcomes from Velcade 33,097 users)
What are the conditions?
- Multiple myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells) can be treated by Revlimid, Velcade, Dexamethasone, Thalomid, Zometa (latest reports from 152,888 Multiple myeloma patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, psoriasis, psoriatic arthropathy (latest reports from 63,813 Sinusitis patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Thalomid and Dexamethasone drug interaction
- Thalomid and Velcade drug interaction
- Dexamethasone and Velcade drug interaction
Can you answer these questions?
88 year old male can't breath through nose.He just blows and blows his nose all time. I have him to wash nose with warm water to clean it out. But he still blows. It sounds dry to me He says it makes it hard to breath.
Have a constant cough with this viral infection - cough til almost throw up. need relief - would dexamethasone (and I have 4 mg tablet that I cut into 4 pieces) 1 piece is enough for me. Can I take that with 2 hrs. of taking a fioricet
This drug has been prescribed to me for chronic inflammation in my hip, thigh and lower leg after having lower back surgery. It is a short regiment - 9 days - but historically, I have not responded well to corticosteroids. The side effects listed are daunting including fat appearing in places it ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I had botox around my crowfeet at the beginning of the December 2016, right after the injection, second day till now, my nose has constantly blocked and never a day I can breath freely. Now it is almost three month, last weekend I feel really good because I can breath again. and also I noticed ...
Hello, I've been having alopecia areata since June 2016. Now it's February 2017.,and about a month ago my alopecia areata turned in Alopecia Subtotalis (I lost all of my hair). I'm a girl, 20 years of age. Since I first noticed the first hairless circle on my head, I'm visiting lots of ...
I've had a severe sinus infection, it lasted two months, I have been over it for three weeks and feel another one coming on. I have been on plavix for ten and a half months. I have several side effects from using plavix. Help!