A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Melatonin, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Glucophage - from FDA reports
22 females aged 54 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 54 year old female patient who has Insomnia, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes - Type 2. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 20, 2017
22 females aged 54 (±5) who takes Melatonin, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Glucophage are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 54
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Insomnia, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes - Type 2
- Drugs taken:
- Melatonin (melatonin)
- Levothyroxine Thyroid (levothyroxine sodium)
- Glucophage (metformin hydrochloride)
- Drug interactions: Muscle Cramps
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Muscle Cramps: 0 (0% of females aged 54 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Muscle Cramps in Insomnia: 1 (0.01% of females aged 54 (±5) who have Insomnia)
- Muscle Cramps in Hypothyroidism: 2 (0.03% of females aged 54 (±5) who have Hypothyroidism)
- Muscle Cramps in Diabetes - Type 2: 0 (0% of females aged 54 (±5) who have Diabetes - Type 2)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Muscle Cramps in Melatonin: 0 (0% of females aged 54 (±5) who take Melatonin)
- Muscle Cramps in Levothyroxine Thyroid: 110 (0.28% of females aged 54 (±5) who take Levothyroxine Thyroid)
- Muscle Cramps in Glucophage: 50 (0.2% of females aged 54 (±5) who take Glucophage)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (4 people, 18.18%)
- Narcolepsy (3 people, 13.64%)
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 13.64%)
- Drowsiness (3 people, 13.64%)
- Hypothyroidism (2 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lyrica (6 people, 27.27%)
- Nexium (5 people, 22.73%)
- Flexeril (5 people, 22.73%)
- Advair Hfa (5 people, 22.73%)
- Valtrex (4 people, 18.18%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypothyroidism (3 people, 13.64%)
- Headache (3 people, 13.64%)
- Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease (3 people, 13.64%)
- Drug Ineffective (3 people, 13.64%)
- Asthma (3 people, 13.64%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Melatonin has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Melatonin 9,343 users)
- Levothyroxine thyroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Levothyroxine thyroid 860 users)
- Glucophage has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Glucophage 48,549 users)
What are the conditions?
- Insomnia (sleeplessness) can be treated by Ambien, Trazodone hydrochloride, Lunesta, Zolpidem tartrate, Melatonin (latest reports from 207,350 Insomnia patients)
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine thyroid, Levothroid (latest reports from 77,546 Hypothyroidism patients)
- Diabetes - type 2 can be treated by Metformin hydrochloride, Metformin, Januvia, Glipizide, Glimepiride (latest reports from 177,522 Diabetes - type 2 patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Muscle cramps (painful sensations caused by muscle contraction) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 10,559 Muscle cramps patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Melatonin and Levothyroxine thyroid drug interaction
- Melatonin and Glucophage drug interaction
- Levothyroxine thyroid and Glucophage drug interaction
Can you answer these questions?
A bad fall in 2006. Required pain management MRIS, numerous tests and a cervical and lumbar surgery in 2007 to correct. Two Rear end car accidents while I was at a stop light. One in 2011 and one in 2015. I already had spinal stenosis and degenerative disc desease genetically passed on. Problems ...
Female aged 67 taking 100mcg levothyroxine daily for underactive thyroid plus daily aspirin for 4years. Recently prescribed formoterol fumarate inhaler (6 months ago) then Spiriva inhaler plus 40mg omeprazole a week ago. I booked a thyroid test 3 weeks ago because my under active symptoms ...
The list of conditions and medications is not complete. I feel my immune system is very compromised and want some ideas on how to increase my immunity. I exercise on a regular basis, walk nearly every day, am trying to eat better, take vitamins etc, don't smoke or drink, go to doc and take their ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I am have been on vyvanse for 6months and I LOVE IT! However, I was concerned when I started loosing hair. The thining of my hair was constant and noticeable enough for me to seek help. My blood results showed a slightly low thyroid. I have sense been put on levothyroxine at the low dose of ...
I recently have been having trouble sleeping so a co-worker suggested I try taking Melatonin. It worked wonderfully, and I was sleeping through the entire night. I didn't need to take it consistently, but it worked wonders when I did need it. As my wedding date approached I was having more and ...
Good evening. I am new to this and need some advice with this, so I am taking Valporic Acid 250Mg 3 times a day and it's good for my epilepsy but my main concern is sometimes just started recently I'm having problems sleeping at night and when I do fall asleep it's early in the morning around ...