A study for a 40 year old woman who takes Dostinex - from FDA reports
420 females aged 40 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 40 year old female patient who has Prolactinoma. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 20, 2017
420 females aged 40 (±5) who takes Dostinex are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 40
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Prolactinoma
- Drugs taken:
- Dostinex (cabergoline)
- Side effects: Alopecia Areata
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Alopecia Areata: 0 (0% of females aged 40 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Alopecia Areata in Prolactinoma: 0 (0% of females aged 40 (±5) who have Prolactinoma)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Alopecia Areata in Dostinex: 0 (0% of females aged 40 (±5) who take Dostinex)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hyperprolactinaemia (65 people, 15.48%)
- Prolactinoma (50 people, 11.90%)
- Pituitary Tumor Benign (32 people, 7.62%)
- Acromegaly (30 people, 7.14%)
- Blood Prolactin Increased (21 people, 5.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Synthroid (25 people, 5.95%)
- Levothyroxine Sodium (17 people, 4.05%)
- Methotrexate (13 people, 3.10%)
- Folic Acid (13 people, 3.10%)
- Zoloft (11 people, 2.62%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (30 people, 7.14%)
- Dizziness (30 people, 7.14%)
- Headache (28 people, 6.67%)
- Stress And Anxiety (21 people, 5.00%)
- Breathing Difficulty (21 people, 5.00%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Dostinex has active ingredients of cabergoline. It is often used in prolactinoma. (latest outcomes from Dostinex 1,889 users)
What are the conditions?
- Prolactinoma (benign tumour (adenoma) of the pituitary gland that produces a hormone called prolactin) can be treated by Cabergoline, Bromocriptine mesylate, Dostinex (latest reports from 843 Prolactinoma patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Alopecia areata (patchy baldness that typically begins with rapid hair loss) has been reported by people with psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, osteoporosis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 1,002 Alopecia areata patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been diagnosed with MS since 1994. Took Avonex weekly from 1997 through 2015. I suffered throughout the years with side effects from Avonex which consumed 1-2 days per week. Have noticed strange hair loss since 2014 Now my eyebrow is half gone, sideburns gone, hair patches missing in ...
Hello, I am a female, in my 40s. I realized 2 weeks ago that I have a bald spot behand my left year. I do take Edarbi to menage hihg blood pressure. I have notice that my hair is thining as well. I am planing to change the blood pressure medication, and hope to have my hair back. Anybody been ...
I have been taking dostinex for 3 months and have all the symptoms of a bladder prolapse as of 3 weeks ago. I have been traveling o/s and i cant get the help i need from any medical teams out of my country. Is there anyone else who has had a bladder prolapse due to take dostinex that can shed ...
I have alopecia universalis and after growing up with excellent hearing I began loosing it in middle age. I have lost the ability to understand words in 1 ear and have partial ability in the other so I just wear 1 aid. I struggle in groups or if anyone talks fast, Accents are a problem too. It ...