A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Alendronic Acid - from FDA reports
23,356 females aged 69 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 69 year old female patient who has Osteoporosis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 27, 2017
23,356 females aged 69 (±5) who takes Alendronic Acid are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 69
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Osteoporosis
- Drugs taken:
- Alendronic Acid (alendronate sodium)
- Side effects: Dyspnoea Exertional, Fatigue, Itchiness
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Dyspnoea Exertional: 183 (0.78% of females aged 69 (±5) who take the drug)
- Fatigue: 1,358 (5.81% of females aged 69 (±5) who take the drug)
- Itchiness: 408 (1.75% of females aged 69 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dyspnoea Exertional in Osteoporosis: 108 (0.33% of females aged 69 (±5) who have Osteoporosis)
- Fatigue in Osteoporosis: 2,314 (7.02% of females aged 69 (±5) who have Osteoporosis)
- Itchiness in Osteoporosis: 643 (1.95% of females aged 69 (±5) who have Osteoporosis)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dyspnoea Exertional in Alendronic Acid: 183 (0.78% of females aged 69 (±5) who take Alendronic Acid)
- Fatigue in Alendronic Acid: 1,358 (5.81% of females aged 69 (±5) who take Alendronic Acid)
- Itchiness in Alendronic Acid: 408 (1.75% of females aged 69 (±5) who take Alendronic Acid)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (7,848 people, 33.60%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (2,511 people, 10.75%)
- Osteopenia (1,677 people, 7.18%)
- High Blood Pressure (1,523 people, 6.52%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (1,102 people, 4.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Methotrexate (1,607 people, 6.88%)
- Synthroid (1,546 people, 6.62%)
- Prednisone (1,408 people, 6.03%)
- Folic Acid (1,362 people, 5.83%)
- Lipitor (1,318 people, 5.64%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Femur Fracture (3,183 people, 13.63%)
- Fall (2,847 people, 12.19%)
- Aseptic Necrosis (2,130 people, 9.12%)
- High Blood Pressure (1,911 people, 8.18%)
- Joint Pain (1,880 people, 8.05%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Alendronic acid has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from Alendronic acid 6,603 users)
What are the conditions?
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break) can be treated by Fosamax, Calcium, Vitamin d, Alendronate sodium, Actonel (latest reports from 179,570 Osteoporosis patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Dyspnoea exertional (breathlessness or shortness of breath) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, primary pulmonary hypertension, asthma, osteoporosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (latest reports from 19,050 Dyspnoea exertional patients).
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, depression (latest reports from 389,076 Fatigue patients).
- Itchiness has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 159,850 Itchiness patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I'm 16 and a virgin so therefore I am not pregnant On september after my period I ended up at the ER due to vomiting and a Urinary Tract Infection and now I missed my period I was suppose to get it the 1st of this month on the second week I stained myself and it was blood and then the next day ...
Hi I've recently found out that im hiv + with CD4 232 and was forced to start treatment tenofovir disoproxil,emtricitabine and efavirenz in one tablets,before starting treatment i had no symtomps but now i have devoloped rash al over my body since starting arvs. On my 3rd month visit at ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Just had a second stent put in heart. am exhausted all the time since taking plavix. Will my body accept this in time and adjust to this medication. I have no one to help me so conversations with others with same problems helps. I am a senior citizen.
After 1 week on atenolo I started feeling bad. After 3 weeks I thought I was going to pass out and was nauseous and lightheaded. I stopped taking the atenolol and ended up in emergency with bp of 180/115 and terrible symptoms like tight chest, anxiety, internal shaking, massive nausea, ...