A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Alendronic Acid - from FDA reports
22,766 females aged 69 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 69 year old female patient who has Osteoporosis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Mar, 20, 2017
22,766 females aged 69 (±5) who takes Alendronic Acid are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 69
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Osteoporosis
- Drugs taken:
- Alendronic Acid (alendronate sodium)
- Side effects: Dyspnoea Exertional, Fatigue, Itchiness
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Dyspnoea Exertional: 180 (0.79% of females aged 69 (±5) who take the drug)
- Fatigue: 1,306 (5.74% of females aged 69 (±5) who take the drug)
- Itchiness: 391 (1.72% of females aged 69 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dyspnoea Exertional in Osteoporosis: 106 (0.33% of females aged 69 (±5) who have Osteoporosis)
- Fatigue in Osteoporosis: 2,253 (7.12% of females aged 69 (±5) who have Osteoporosis)
- Itchiness in Osteoporosis: 608 (1.92% of females aged 69 (±5) who have Osteoporosis)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dyspnoea Exertional in Alendronic Acid: 180 (0.79% of females aged 69 (±5) who take Alendronic Acid)
- Fatigue in Alendronic Acid: 1,306 (5.74% of females aged 69 (±5) who take Alendronic Acid)
- Itchiness in Alendronic Acid: 391 (1.72% of females aged 69 (±5) who take Alendronic Acid)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (7,713 people, 33.88%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (2,398 people, 10.53%)
- Osteopenia (1,658 people, 7.28%)
- High Blood Pressure (1,450 people, 6.37%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (1,065 people, 4.68%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Methotrexate (1,607 people, 7.06%)
- Synthroid (1,509 people, 6.63%)
- Prednisone (1,408 people, 6.18%)
- Folic Acid (1,362 people, 5.98%)
- Lipitor (1,278 people, 5.61%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Femur Fracture (3,155 people, 13.86%)
- Fall (2,806 people, 12.33%)
- Aseptic Necrosis (2,125 people, 9.33%)
- High Blood Pressure (1,886 people, 8.28%)
- Joint Pain (1,845 people, 8.10%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Alendronic acid has active ingredients of alendronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from Alendronic acid 6,597 users)
What are the conditions?
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break) can be treated by Fosamax, Vitamin d, Calcium, Alendronate sodium, Actonel (latest reports from 179,532 Osteoporosis patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Dyspnoea exertional (breathlessness or shortness of breath) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, primary pulmonary hypertension, asthma, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 19,048 Dyspnoea exertional patients).
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, hepatitis c, high blood pressure, depression (latest reports from 388,742 Fatigue patients).
- Itchiness has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 159,773 Itchiness patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I'm 16 and a virgin so therefore I am not pregnant On september after my period I ended up at the ER due to vomiting and a Urinary Tract Infection and now I missed my period I was suppose to get it the 1st of this month on the second week I stained myself and it was blood and then the next day ...
Hi I've recently found out that im hiv + with CD4 232 and was forced to start treatment tenofovir disoproxil,emtricitabine and efavirenz in one tablets,before starting treatment i had no symtomps but now i have devoloped rash al over my body since starting arvs. On my 3rd month visit at ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Have afib. Had hybrid maze procedure to correct afib. Felt like a million bucks. Afib came back. Cardiologist perscribed Rythmol, multaq, pro something or other, and now metoprolol for two years. Shocked that I've put on weight even though I exercise regularly. The weight and itching ...
1 month of Letrozole. Just started my experiencing terribly painful itching and pointed pain on left shoulder and arm. Hydrocortisone 1% or 2.5% do not help. Have resorted to ice packs when it wakes me in middle of night. Any advice?
I have been taking Pradaxa for 3 weeks following a total hip replacement. My hip is doing really well but I have never felt so tired in my life. I have turned down the opportunity to go out twice already this week ( I can't drive yet) and doing my excercises is an effort. I am no longer taking ...
I suffer from itchy skin I wasn't sure if it was from the Osteo arthritis or porosis as I have both It keeps me awake and is more annoying than the pain. Thinking it might be the Osteo causing it I googled it. Sometimes rubbing lemon juice on my itchy skin helps sometimes I just have to wait ...