A study for a 21 year old woman who takes Tri-Sprintec - from FDA reports
3,578 females aged 21 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 21 year old female patient who has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos). The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 21, 2017
3,578 females aged 21 (±5) who takes Tri-Sprintec are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 21
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos)
- Drugs taken:
- Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol; norgestimate)
- Side effects: Shoulder Pain
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Shoulder Pain: 13 (0.36% of females aged 21 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Shoulder Pain in Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos): 0 (0% of females aged 21 (±5) who have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (pcos))
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Shoulder Pain in Tri-Sprintec: 13 (0.36% of females aged 21 (±5) who take Tri-Sprintec)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Birth Control (1,457 people, 40.72%)
- Acne (381 people, 10.65%)
- Oral Contraception (108 people, 3.02%)
- Menstruation Irregular (108 people, 3.02%)
- Crohn's Disease (107 people, 2.99%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Accutane (654 people, 18.28%)
- Yaz (247 people, 6.90%)
- Yasmin (239 people, 6.68%)
- Plan B One-Step (129 people, 3.61%)
- Humira (129 people, 3.61%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Depression (386 people, 10.79%)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (336 people, 9.39%)
- Nausea (332 people, 9.28%)
- Stress And Anxiety (318 people, 8.89%)
- Headache (295 people, 8.24%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Tri-sprintec has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norgestimate. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Tri-sprintec 867 users)
What are the conditions?
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) (cysts in the ovaries that occurs when the follicle stops developing) can be treated by Metformin hydrochloride, Metformin, Spironolactone, Glucophage, Yasmin (latest reports from 4,686 Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Shoulder pain has been reported by people with arthritis, high blood cholesterol, pain, osteoporosis (latest reports from 2,578 Shoulder pain patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Been running a fever for 2 weeks now. Very high at first 104.4 but has dropped down to low grade since taking amoxicillin for a week. During day, no fever, but the low grade fever comes at night. I have a dull pain in my shoulder - possibly a muscle spasm, but it has started traveling down my ...
It's on the TOP of my shoulder. following the collar bone and tip of bone point on top ( again). The pain is now radiating to involve restricted movement of my arm. I can move my arm straight out from my body sideways and the pain in more intense with arm movement closer to my body and ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi, I'm female and turned 52 last July 2016, and was placed on Effexor XR 75 mg. daily A few days after that. After one month on this medication I developed bilateral shoulder pain, atraumatic in origin, which was sharp, and stabbing and occasionally radiated a few inches down my upper arm. Any ...