A study for a 30 year old woman who takes Hydrochlorothiazide - from FDA reports
1,357 females aged 30 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 30 year old female patient who has High Blood Pressure. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 24, 2017
1,357 females aged 30 (±5) who takes Hydrochlorothiazide are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 30
- Gender: female
- Conditions: High Blood Pressure
- Drugs taken:
- Hydrochlorothiazide (hydrochlorothiazide)
- Side effects: Acid Reflux
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Acid Reflux: 19 (1.4% of females aged 30 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Acid Reflux in High Blood Pressure: 34 (1.15% of females aged 30 (±5) who have High Blood Pressure)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Acid Reflux in Hydrochlorothiazide: 19 (1.4% of females aged 30 (±5) who take Hydrochlorothiazide)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (330 people, 24.32%)
- Birth Control (203 people, 14.96%)
- Depression (116 people, 8.55%)
- Pain (103 people, 7.59%)
- Stress And Anxiety (66 people, 4.86%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Yasmin (184 people, 13.56%)
- Yaz (150 people, 11.05%)
- Lisinopril (148 people, 10.91%)
- Prednisone (84 people, 6.19%)
- Albuterol (84 people, 6.19%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (154 people, 11.35%)
- Nausea (124 people, 9.14%)
- Injury (112 people, 8.25%)
- Stress And Anxiety (104 people, 7.66%)
- High Blood Pressure (92 people, 6.78%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Hydrochlorothiazide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Hydrochlorothiazide 93,913 users)
What are the conditions?
- High blood pressure can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol tartrate (latest reports from 524,716 High blood pressure patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 139,360 Acid reflux patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have been taking a combination of medications for several disorders tha I suffer from. I am concerned because I have a friend with tardive dyskinesia which she believes she got from taking Xanax, and my great grandmother had it also, but I have no idea the medications she was on at that time. ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have terrible heartburn about half hour to 45 minutes after taking my dilaudid. It is kind of scary heartburn. I have never experienced anything like it before. Usually after eating about four large tums, the heartburn eases a little. It finally goes away completely in and a couple hours. ...
Hi I'm new to the group , took phentermine for about a month had horrible heartburn and chest pain . Dr switched me to bontril and seems it's doing the same thing ! Help I really want to loose this weight
I started taking HCTZ almost 2 years ago to put back calcium in my bones. I take acid reflux med that takes calcium out so... I am now having symptoms the relate to REM Behavior Sleep Disorder (acting out dreams, falling out of bed, etc.) Anyone else have these side effects from HCTZ?
has anyone experienced swollen neck glands with hctz? I was taking 25 mg for a long period of time and all of a sudden had a swollen gland in my neck after taking dilitizem for a period of less than one week. Taken off dilitizem and put on prednisone and lump disappeared. Taken off hctz ...