A study for a 55 year old woman who takes Oxybutynin, Nexium - from FDA reports
50 females aged 55 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 55 year old female patient who has Detrusor Hyperreflexia, Gerd. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 20, 2017
50 females aged 55 (±5) who takes Oxybutynin, Nexium are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 55
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Detrusor Hyperreflexia, Gerd
- Drugs taken:
- Oxybutynin (oxybutynin)
- Nexium (esomeprazole magnesium)
- Drug interactions: Urinary Frequency, Urinary Frequency Or Urgency
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Urinary Frequency: 0 (0% of females aged 55 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Urinary Frequency Or Urgency: 0 (0% of females aged 55 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Urinary Frequency in Detrusor Hyperreflexia: 0 (0% of females aged 55 (±5) who have Detrusor Hyperreflexia)
- Urinary Frequency in Gerd: 0 (0% of females aged 55 (±5) who have Gerd)
- Urinary Frequency Or Urgency in Detrusor Hyperreflexia: 0 (0% of females aged 55 (±5) who have Detrusor Hyperreflexia)
- Urinary Frequency Or Urgency in Gerd: 0 (0% of females aged 55 (±5) who have Gerd)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Urinary Frequency in Oxybutynin: 0 (0% of females aged 55 (±5) who take Oxybutynin)
- Urinary Frequency in Nexium: 1 (0.01% of females aged 55 (±5) who take Nexium)
- Urinary Frequency Or Urgency in Oxybutynin: 0 (0% of females aged 55 (±5) who take Oxybutynin)
- Urinary Frequency Or Urgency in Nexium: 0 (0% of females aged 55 (±5) who take Nexium)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (19 people, 38.00%)
- Pain (10 people, 20.00%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (9 people, 18.00%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (8 people, 16.00%)
- Asthma (8 people, 16.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin D (7 people, 14.00%)
- Ambien (7 people, 14.00%)
- Advair Hfa (7 people, 14.00%)
- Zyrtec (6 people, 12.00%)
- Flonase (6 people, 12.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fall (8 people, 16.00%)
- Arthritis (8 people, 16.00%)
- Urinary Tract Infection (7 people, 14.00%)
- Weakness (6 people, 12.00%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (6 people, 12.00%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Oxybutynin has active ingredients of oxybutynin. It is often used in urge incontinence. (latest outcomes from Oxybutynin 6,033 users)
- Nexium has active ingredients of esomeprazole magnesium. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Nexium 125,037 users)
What are the conditions?
- Detrusor hyperreflexia (increased contractile activity of the detrusor muscle of the bladder) can be treated by Vesicare, Oxybutynin chloride, Detrol la, Toviaz, Enablex (latest reports from 2,114 Detrusor hyperreflexia patients)
- Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Prevacid (latest reports from 139,098 Gerd patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Urinary frequency has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, gastroesophageal reflux disease, insomnia, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, pain (latest reports from 3,274 Urinary frequency patients).
- Urinary frequency or urgency has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety, pain, insomnia (latest reports from 706 Urinary frequency or urgency patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Had an endoscopy today due to being anemic and 16 polyps were found in my stomach and removed. Size of the polyps were 10mm to 18mm. Have been on Nexium for 7 years for an ulcer. Has anyone had these size poplyps due to nexium?
I have been using this Hair Regrowth Treatment for about 8 years and have begun to realize that during the same 8 years I have had a dramatic increase in UTI's. I am reacting badly to all of the antibiotics designed to treat UTI's so I need to figure out what is causing them rather than trying ...
I have taken Nexium for over 10 years due to a Hiatal Hernia. Can't fix it without surgery. Luckily I am not having any side effects from the drug. I just wonder why I can't seem to lose weight easily. I eat a ketogenic diet and should be losing a little weight. I'm at 120 but would like to be ...
acute onset numbness , weakness, and gait abnormalities over year ago, other abnormal sensations/functions and pain came on later, symptoms involving mostly sensory and autonomic with some motor persist but fluctuate. have a hard time controlling and dealing with the pain especially. sometimes ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I've been taking Nexium for about ten years now and have just discovered lately I have a low white cell count which I believe is related to taking Nexium. I am aged 58 generally fit and get really fatigued all the time. My energy level is very low most of the time even when I get up in the ...
I started taking Guafenison 600 mg 3 times a day. This is not the longer acting Mucinex 12 hour stuff, but a cheaper brand i found online that was much more cost effective. It seems like since i started twking this 3 times a da, im urinating 3-5 times a night and hence cannot get a full night ...
Hi to all, My name is Curt. I passed out in December on December of 2015, when I stood up, fell on concrete floor hitting my head. Don't remember anything for 4 days. Woke up in intensive care. Had all the test, EEG, MRI, etc. Results all negative. Dr put me on Keppra. Have had no events since ...
I took Nexium for over 15 years. I became very short of breath and developed Restless Leg Syndrome but had know idea It was caused by by the Nexium. I went to my doctor with an upper respiratory infection and mentioned to him about my other issues. He told me to get off Nexium and he ...