A study for a 23 year old woman who takes Omeprazole, Effexor Xr - from FDA reports
88 females aged 23 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 23 year old female patient who has Heartburn, Depression. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 20, 2017
88 females aged 23 (±5) who takes Omeprazole, Effexor Xr are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 23
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Heartburn, Depression
- Drugs taken:
- Omeprazole (omeprazole)
- Effexor Xr (venlafaxine hydrochloride)
- Drug interactions: Facial Edema
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Facial Edema: 0 (0% of females aged 23 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Facial Edema in Heartburn: 0 (0% of females aged 23 (±5) who have Heartburn)
- Facial Edema in Depression: 0 (0% of females aged 23 (±5) who have Depression)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Facial Edema in Omeprazole: 0 (0% of females aged 23 (±5) who take Omeprazole)
- Facial Edema in Effexor Xr: 0 (0% of females aged 23 (±5) who take Effexor Xr)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (25 people, 28.41%)
- Birth Control (16 people, 18.18%)
- Pain (15 people, 17.05%)
- Stress And Anxiety (14 people, 15.91%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (9 people, 10.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Yaz (15 people, 17.05%)
- Yasmin (13 people, 14.77%)
- Ibuprofen (13 people, 14.77%)
- Zyrtec (9 people, 10.23%)
- Topamax (9 people, 10.23%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (19 people, 21.59%)
- Stress And Anxiety (15 people, 17.05%)
- Abdominal Pain Upper (12 people, 13.64%)
- Electrocardiogram Qt Prolonged (11 people, 12.50%)
- Gallstones (9 people, 10.23%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Omeprazole has active ingredients of omeprazole. It is often used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest outcomes from Omeprazole 174,658 users)
- Effexor xr has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Effexor xr 28,785 users)
What are the conditions?
- Heartburn can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Prilosec, Protonix, Prevacid (latest reports from 139,363 Heartburn patients)
- Depression can be treated by Zoloft, Cymbalta, Prozac, Lexapro, Wellbutrin xl (latest reports from 382,313 Depression patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Facial edema (swelling of face) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety, hypothyroidism (latest reports from 237 Facial edema patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Hi! 36 year old male, with chronic non bacterial prostatitis, and GERD. Changed my life in six months, new diet, exercises, and lost 40lbs...now weight 159 which is correct BMI :). However, prostatitis has been killing me for 4 months, no answers, no results from antibiotics, alpha blockers, ...
Hello, I've been prescribed Atarax, before that I had been taking baclofen for pain. I have anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, and have recently been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. I have good days and I have bad days. Today is not a good day, and I feel like I can insane just ...
Female aged 67 taking 100mcg levothyroxine daily for underactive thyroid plus daily aspirin for 4years. Recently prescribed formoterol fumarate inhaler (6 months ago) then Spiriva inhaler plus 40mg omeprazole a week ago. I booked a thyroid test 3 weeks ago because my under active symptoms ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been off this medicine for 6 yrs after taking 12-18 months to wean off it granule by granule. It was horrible. Side effects are still present include lucid dreams, emotion swings, etc. Beware-side effects that never leave
My sweet husband has taken omeprazole for many years now & some days his breath smells a bit...stale😕 He is diligent about his dental hygiene, brushing everyday & flossing often. He sees the dentist every 6 months too. -I'm feeling frustrated & decided to write about it here to possibly find ...
Hi, I was wonderng if anyone had any solutions or ways to deal with or ease the dizziness symptoms brought on by Omeprazole / PPI's. I have trouble taking PPI primarily due to dizziness associated with them as a side effect. HOWEVER, they do seem to help me cope with my stomach issues ...