A study for a 51 year old woman who takes Synthroid - from FDA reports
35,972 females aged 51 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 51 year old female patient who has Thyroid Mass. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 20, 2017
35,972 females aged 51 (±5) who takes Synthroid are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 51
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Thyroid Mass
- Drugs taken:
- Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium)
- Side effects: Flushing
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Flushing: 476 (1.32% of females aged 51 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Flushing in Thyroid Mass: 0 (0% of females aged 51 (±5) who have Thyroid Mass)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Flushing in Synthroid: 476 (1.32% of females aged 51 (±5) who take Synthroid)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hypothyroidism (6,025 people, 16.75%)
- Depression (3,032 people, 8.43%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (2,994 people, 8.32%)
- High Blood Pressure (2,416 people, 6.72%)
- Thyroid Diseases (2,243 people, 6.24%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira (2,785 people, 7.74%)
- Methotrexate (2,011 people, 5.59%)
- Premarin (1,918 people, 5.33%)
- Lipitor (1,822 people, 5.07%)
- Nexium (1,790 people, 4.98%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (3,351 people, 9.32%)
- Fatigue (2,914 people, 8.10%)
- Headache (2,528 people, 7.03%)
- Drug Ineffective (2,232 people, 6.20%)
- Pain (2,156 people, 5.99%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Synthroid 145,886 users)
What are the conditions?
- Thyroid mass can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine sodium (latest reports from 943 Thyroid mass patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 69,846 Flushing patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
I've had 3 ablasions in 6 years and i can't take a chance of this garcinia if it will react with tikosyn. My blood pressure goes to 200/110 i need to lose weight. Hoping that this garcinia will help. I'm 40 pounds over weight. Thanks
WHAT ARE THE DRUG INTERACTIONS OF TAKING GARCINIA CAMBOGIA WITH SYNTHROID .2. I AM ON A VERY HIGH DOSE OF SNYTHROID DUE TO THYROIDECTOMY FROM STAGE II THYROID CANCER. I HAVE BEEN BEEN TAKING SYNTHROID .2 FOR 15 YEARS, WITHOUT SIDE EFFECTS. ALTHOUGH I AM SLIM, I AM NOTICING AS I GET OLDER, MY ...
Several years ago in 2013 I was"diagnosed" with RA. I went through every medication including, humira, embral, to now IV fusions of remicade which has been almost a year. I am not feeling any better and body aches and joint pains getting worse. I started researching my symptoms and lyme kept ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been on Synthroid for 4 yrs. and for a year have had extreme sweating, nothing eliviates it and insomnia, I take a ton of stuff just to fall asleep. I quit taking this morning and have not had any sweating,hoping the insomnia is gone as well. I am pretty tired of not being able to ...
I just got diagnosed with a hepatic cyst thru a CT scan, but the only physical evidence was an irregular chest x-ray where it was pushing up my right lung. 3 years ago my chest x-ray was normal & I didn't start taking Synthroid until 3 years ago. Could this length of time on synthroid produce a ...
Need your help. Its only been a week and my ophthalmologist said I should take Lanoprost eye drops for mild glaucoma age 62. I also take synthroid. Maybe the two medicines don't go together? Need advice. My eye pressure reading is 30. Not feeling that great. Thinking of stoping drops ...