A study for a 51 year old woman who takes Synthroid - from FDA reports
35,972 females aged 51 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 51 year old female patient who has Thyroid Mass. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 20, 2017
35,972 females aged 51 (±5) who takes Synthroid are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 51
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Thyroid Mass
- Drugs taken:
- Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium)
- Side effects: Flushing
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Flushing: 476 (1.32% of females aged 51 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Flushing in Thyroid Mass: 0 (0% of females aged 51 (±5) who have Thyroid Mass)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Flushing in Synthroid: 476 (1.32% of females aged 51 (±5) who take Synthroid)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hypothyroidism (6,025 people, 16.75%)
- Depression (3,032 people, 8.43%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (2,994 people, 8.32%)
- High Blood Pressure (2,416 people, 6.72%)
- Thyroid Diseases (2,243 people, 6.24%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira (2,785 people, 7.74%)
- Methotrexate (2,011 people, 5.59%)
- Premarin (1,918 people, 5.33%)
- Lipitor (1,822 people, 5.07%)
- Nexium (1,790 people, 4.98%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (3,351 people, 9.32%)
- Fatigue (2,914 people, 8.10%)
- Headache (2,528 people, 7.03%)
- Drug Ineffective (2,232 people, 6.20%)
- Pain (2,156 people, 5.99%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Synthroid 145,795 users)
What are the conditions?
- Thyroid mass can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine sodium (latest reports from 942 Thyroid mass patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Flushing (the warm, red condition of human skin) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 69,830 Flushing patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
I've had 3 ablasions in 6 years and i can't take a chance of this garcinia if it will react with tikosyn. My blood pressure goes to 200/110 i need to lose weight. Hoping that this garcinia will help. I'm 40 pounds over weight. Thanks
WHAT ARE THE DRUG INTERACTIONS OF TAKING GARCINIA CAMBOGIA WITH SYNTHROID .2. I AM ON A VERY HIGH DOSE OF SNYTHROID DUE TO THYROIDECTOMY FROM STAGE II THYROID CANCER. I HAVE BEEN BEEN TAKING SYNTHROID .2 FOR 15 YEARS, WITHOUT SIDE EFFECTS. ALTHOUGH I AM SLIM, I AM NOTICING AS I GET OLDER, MY ...
Several years ago in 2013 I was"diagnosed" with RA. I went through every medication including, humira, embral, to now IV fusions of remicade which has been almost a year. I am not feeling any better and body aches and joint pains getting worse. I started researching my symptoms and lyme kept ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have always had a d size cup in my bra size, since on synthroid, it has increased by 2 sizes and I feel like a cow. Large breasts run on the Italian side of the family, however, since I had hip surgery 6 years ago, It increased. Seems all my weight has shifted to the breasts and tummy, which ...
I'm on Synthroid and Protonix. Both have to be taken on an empty stomach. I don't know how to take the medications. Do I take Synthroid wait 30 minutes and then take Protnonix, and wait another 30 minutes before having breakfast? Do I take Synthroid in the morning and take Protonix 4 hours ...
Taking one 50,000 vitamin D2 per week. Did not cause a red face, that I noticed, until the 7th week. I really don't look in the mirror that often so I can't be sure that it wasn't causing a red face all along.
Been on synthroid for 4 weeks after removal of 2 nodules and half of the thyroid that was swelled up. I've got a psychiatric condition and take a med to keep me sane along with depression . I have a nauseous feeling and have to force myself to eat at every meal, with absolutely no appetite. ...