A study for a 61 year old man who takes Eliquis - from FDA reports
1,160 males aged 61 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 61 year old male patient who has Pulmonary Embolus. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 20, 2017
1,160 males aged 61 (±5) who takes Eliquis are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 61
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Pulmonary Embolus
- Drugs taken:
- Eliquis (apixaban)
- Side effects: Diarrhea, Nausea
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Diarrhea: 30 (2.59% of males aged 61 (±5) who take the drug)
- Nausea: 20 (1.72% of males aged 61 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Diarrhea in Pulmonary Embolus: 29 (2.27% of males aged 61 (±5) who have Pulmonary Embolus)
- Nausea in Pulmonary Embolus: 46 (3.6% of males aged 61 (±5) who have Pulmonary Embolus)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Diarrhea in Eliquis: 30 (2.59% of males aged 61 (±5) who take Eliquis)
- Nausea in Eliquis: 20 (1.72% of males aged 61 (±5) who take Eliquis)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stroke (370 people, 31.90%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (223 people, 19.22%)
- High Blood Pressure (80 people, 6.90%)
- Diabetes (33 people, 2.84%)
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (32 people, 2.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Metformin (56 people, 4.83%)
- Lipitor (51 people, 4.40%)
- Lasix (50 people, 4.31%)
- Crestor (44 people, 3.79%)
- Plavix (40 people, 3.45%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (73 people, 6.29%)
- Gastrointestinal Haemorrhage (55 people, 4.74%)
- Breathing Difficulty (49 people, 4.22%)
- Fatigue (48 people, 4.14%)
- Haemorrhage (46 people, 3.97%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Eliquis has active ingredients of apixaban. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Eliquis 22,304 users)
What are the conditions?
- Pulmonary embolus (blockage of the lung artery by foreign matter or by a blood clot) can be treated by Warfarin sodium, Coumadin, Lovenox, Xarelto, Eliquis (latest reports from 96,728 Pulmonary embolus patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, pain (latest reports from 288,194 Diarrhea patients).
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 456,235 Nausea patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
After being treated for ITP for several months on high doses of prednisone, 120mg daily, I developed many pulmonary embolisms in both lungs at same time, December 2015. Started on Warfarin and just a month ago the doc switched me to Eliquis after being off warfarin for a few weeks due to a ...
I have been taking Creon for 5 months due to partial removal of my pancreas, my gall bladder and the my bile duct due to cancer. I also take a multivitamin, Vitamin D and calcium. I have loose stools daily (not sure if it qualifies for diarrhea), several times a day, meaning they are not ...
I have been taking Eliquis for Afib for about 2 years. My hair is falling out and I thought it was due to my age 78. The receptionist at my interns office suggested Biotin. Going to give this a try after I check with my Cardiologist that it will be alright with the medications I am on. Looking ...
I've had 3 ablasions in 6 years and i can't take a chance of this garcinia if it will react with tikosyn. My blood pressure goes to 200/110 i need to lose weight. Hoping that this garcinia will help. I'm 40 pounds over weight. Thanks
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi! I am a 68 year old male. I suffered a DVT and a PE back in December. I was put on Coumadin for three months, and then switched to Eliquis. I am tolerating it well. I suffer from time to time with muscle and joint pains. The only thing that seems to help is Ibuprofin. Some of these pains are ...
I am new to the group. I have been taking Eliquis (5 mg. twice daily) since December 2016. About a month or two in I began developing a cough. There is no blood in my sputum, and I am not short of breath. There is no pain. The cough is especially heavy when I have post-nasal drip.