A study for a 53 year old woman who takes Losartan, Plaquenil, Metformin - from FDA reports
19 females aged 53 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 53 year old female patient who has Alopecia In Women, Type 2 Diabetes. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 20, 2017
19 females aged 53 (±5) who takes Losartan, Plaquenil, Metformin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 53
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Alopecia In Women, Type 2 Diabetes
- Drugs taken:
- Losartan (losartan potassium)
- Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate)
- Metformin (metformin hydrochloride)
- Drug interactions: High Blood Sugar
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- High Blood Sugar: 0 (0% of females aged 53 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- High Blood Sugar in Type 2 Diabetes: 228 (1.32% of females aged 53 (±5) who have Type 2 Diabetes)
- High Blood Sugar in Alopecia In Women: 0 (0% of females aged 53 (±5) who have Alopecia In Women)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- High Blood Sugar in Losartan: 50 (0.72% of females aged 53 (±5) who take Losartan)
- High Blood Sugar in Metformin: 234 (0.94% of females aged 53 (±5) who take Metformin)
- High Blood Sugar in Plaquenil: 29 (0.33% of females aged 53 (±5) who take Plaquenil)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (7 people, 36.84%)
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (5 people, 26.32%)
- Diabetes (4 people, 21.05%)
- Lupus Nephritis (3 people, 15.79%)
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 15.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prednisone (5 people, 26.32%)
- Nexium (5 people, 26.32%)
- Methotrexate (5 people, 26.32%)
- Oxycodone (4 people, 21.05%)
- Cymbalta (4 people, 21.05%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pneumonia (3 people, 15.79%)
- Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (3 people, 15.79%)
- Cerebral Infarction (3 people, 15.79%)
- Head Injury (2 people, 10.53%)
- Ards (acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) (2 people, 10.53%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Losartan has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Losartan 56,142 users)
- Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus. (latest outcomes from Plaquenil 31,569 users)
- Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Metformin 198,592 users)
What are the conditions?
- Alopecia in women (absence of hair from areas of the body in woman) can be treated by Biotin, Spironolactone, Minoxidil, Finasteride, Aldactone (latest reports from 330 Alopecia in women patients)
- Type 2 diabetes can be treated by Metformin hydrochloride, Metformin, Januvia, Glipizide, Victoza (latest reports from 192,934 Type 2 diabetes patients)
What are the symptoms?
- High blood sugar has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 25,334 High blood sugar patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Losartan and Plaquenil drug interaction
- Losartan and Metformin drug interaction
- Plaquenil and Metformin drug interaction
Can you answer these questions?
I recently started gabapentin for nerve pain and fibromyalgia however have been taking plaquinel for years for arthritis. My question is, do I really need both? I have researched and found gabapentin can be used for many conditions including arthritis. I also know you don't have to ween off of ...
My husband is in the early stages of what is probably Lewy Body Dementia (he has had REM sleep disorder for several years and is starting to show Parkinsonian type muscle tremors, trouble swallowing, etc.). There are interesting studies out there about the potential mitigative impacts of ...
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
I have been sick seven years at first they told everyone it was Fibromyalgia, then my ANA was positive with speckled pattern and sjorgens syndrom, now I have been diagnosed with hypermobility joint syndrom, which is crazy because my joints have NEVER been flexible and still aren't The dr ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hello everyone 😷! New Mexico Norm here . Found this site while on one of my internet explorations. Often thought I needed a way to vent, ask questions (other than a physician) and feel as though there may be a way to get some comfort from others experiences and maybe vice versa. We'll ...
hello i was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and have been on Metformin 500 mg for a month already and I also take Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg and lately i have been experiencing a lot of stomach problems, diarrhea and nausea. could it be the med? Just checking if its normal. that's all. ...