A study for a 53 year old woman who takes Losartan, Plaquenil, Metformin - from FDA reports
19 females aged 53 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 53 year old female patient who has Alopecia In Women, Type 2 Diabetes. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 20, 2017
19 females aged 53 (±5) who takes Losartan, Plaquenil, Metformin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 53
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Alopecia In Women, Type 2 Diabetes
- Drugs taken:
- Losartan (losartan potassium)
- Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate)
- Metformin (metformin hydrochloride)
- Drug interactions: High Blood Sugar
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- High Blood Sugar: 0 (0% of females aged 53 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- High Blood Sugar in Type 2 Diabetes: 228 (1.32% of females aged 53 (±5) who have Type 2 Diabetes)
- High Blood Sugar in Alopecia In Women: 0 (0% of females aged 53 (±5) who have Alopecia In Women)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- High Blood Sugar in Losartan: 50 (0.72% of females aged 53 (±5) who take Losartan)
- High Blood Sugar in Metformin: 234 (0.94% of females aged 53 (±5) who take Metformin)
- High Blood Sugar in Plaquenil: 29 (0.33% of females aged 53 (±5) who take Plaquenil)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (7 people, 36.84%)
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (5 people, 26.32%)
- Diabetes (4 people, 21.05%)
- Lupus Nephritis (3 people, 15.79%)
- High Blood Pressure (3 people, 15.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prednisone (5 people, 26.32%)
- Nexium (5 people, 26.32%)
- Methotrexate (5 people, 26.32%)
- Oxycodone (4 people, 21.05%)
- Cymbalta (4 people, 21.05%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pneumonia (3 people, 15.79%)
- Disseminated Intravascular Coagulation (3 people, 15.79%)
- Cerebral Infarction (3 people, 15.79%)
- Head Injury (2 people, 10.53%)
- Ards (acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) (2 people, 10.53%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Losartan has active ingredients of losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Losartan 56,079 users)
- Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus. (latest outcomes from Plaquenil 31,546 users)
- Metformin has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Metformin 198,499 users)
What are the conditions?
- Alopecia in women (absence of hair from areas of the body in woman) can be treated by Biotin, Spironolactone, Minoxidil, Finasteride, Rogaine extra strength (latest reports from 318 Alopecia in women patients)
- Type 2 diabetes can be treated by Metformin hydrochloride, Metformin, Januvia, Glipizide, Victoza (latest reports from 192,872 Type 2 diabetes patients)
What are the symptoms?
- High blood sugar has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, multiple myeloma (latest reports from 25,309 High blood sugar patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Losartan and Plaquenil drug interaction
- Losartan and Metformin drug interaction
- Plaquenil and Metformin drug interaction
Can you answer these questions?
My husband is in the early stages of what is probably Lewy Body Dementia (he has had REM sleep disorder for several years and is starting to show Parkinsonian type muscle tremors, trouble swallowing, etc.). There are interesting studies out there about the potential mitigative impacts of ...
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
I have been sick seven years at first they told everyone it was Fibromyalgia, then my ANA was positive with speckled pattern and sjorgens syndrom, now I have been diagnosed with hypermobility joint syndrom, which is crazy because my joints have NEVER been flexible and still aren't The dr ...
I've had Wegeners since 2003--13 years--and have used imuran for 11. I have neuropathy, bone spurs, and arthritis in my feet that are so painful, at times I feel like I can't walk any more. My rheumatologist just brushed me off by saying he'd raise my imuran to 100 mg and if that didn't help ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi, just recently started taking losartan 50mg. Worked great 45 days in then the bottom fell out. Dr. added Carvedilol 6.25mg 2 tablets per day. 2 days in my BP shot to 220/110. In ER! Dehydrated! Bloodwork before and after a bag of saline via IV. Kidneys fine! Now on losartan 50mg in ...
Hi my name is Sheri i am a new member here and would like to introduce myself.i am 49 and have RA .i am currently diagnosed and started 300 mg of plaquinil. And now am having a horrible metallic taste in my mouth....Does anybody else experience this and is it normal.Does it go away. Does anyone ...
I am,taking rituxin infusion for polymyositus. I just completed by second course of two infusions. My blood sugar is thru the roof stayin the 200 range for several days. I am not on insulin. Normal run 110 to 160 after meals. Has anyone else seen this result and does it go down?
Was diagnosed in 2004 with cerebellar ataxia. I have been taking Los art an for several years. Last week, my neurologist started me on citalopram 10 mg. The side effects freaked me out so now taking half dose of 5 mg. My BP is 140-150+ over 80. I've been taking citalopram and Losartan at same ...