A study for a 35 year old woman who takes Exforge - from FDA reports
69 females aged 35 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 35 year old female patient who has Hypertension. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 22, 2017
69 females aged 35 (±5) who takes Exforge are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 35
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Hypertension
- Drugs taken:
- Exforge (amlodipine besylate; valsartan)
- Side effects: Oedema Peripheral
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Oedema Peripheral: 0 (0% of females aged 35 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Oedema Peripheral in Hypertension: 122 (2.38% of females aged 35 (±5) who have Hypertension)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Oedema Peripheral in Exforge: 0 (0% of females aged 35 (±5) who take Exforge)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (7 people, 10.14%)
- Birth Control (6 people, 8.70%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (4 people, 5.80%)
- Diabetes (3 people, 4.35%)
- Crohn's Disease (3 people, 4.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prograf (7 people, 10.14%)
- Diovan (7 people, 10.14%)
- Nexium (6 people, 8.70%)
- Kayexalate (5 people, 7.25%)
- Creon (5 people, 7.25%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (10 people, 14.49%)
- Headache (9 people, 13.04%)
- Dizziness (6 people, 8.70%)
- Drug Exposure During Pregnancy (5 people, 7.25%)
- Injection Site Haematoma (4 people, 5.80%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Exforge has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate; valsartan. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Exforge 8,373 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol tartrate (latest reports from 525,640 Hypertension patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Oedema peripheral (superficial swelling) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, primary pulmonary hypertension, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 113,775 Oedema peripheral patients).