A study for a 35 year old woman who takes Exforge - from FDA reports
68 females aged 35 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 35 year old female patient who has Hypertension. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 20, 2017
68 females aged 35 (±5) who takes Exforge are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 35
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Hypertension
- Drugs taken:
- Exforge (amlodipine besylate; valsartan)
- Side effects: Oedema Peripheral
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Oedema Peripheral: 0 (0% of females aged 35 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Oedema Peripheral in Hypertension: 122 (2.47% of females aged 35 (±5) who have Hypertension)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Oedema Peripheral in Exforge: 0 (0% of females aged 35 (±5) who take Exforge)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (32 people, 47.06%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (7 people, 10.29%)
- Birth Control (6 people, 8.82%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (4 people, 5.88%)
- Hypothyroidism (3 people, 4.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prograf (7 people, 10.29%)
- Diovan (7 people, 10.29%)
- Nexium (6 people, 8.82%)
- Keppra (5 people, 7.35%)
- Atenolol (5 people, 7.35%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (12 people, 17.65%)
- Pain (10 people, 14.71%)
- Headache (9 people, 13.24%)
- Dizziness (6 people, 8.82%)
- Drug Exposure During Pregnancy (5 people, 7.35%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Exforge has active ingredients of amlodipine besylate; valsartan. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Exforge 8,369 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hypertension (high blood pressure) can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol tartrate (latest reports from 524,717 Hypertension patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Oedema peripheral (superficial swelling) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, pain, primary pulmonary hypertension (latest reports from 113,774 Oedema peripheral patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
HI .i Am on these medications for 10 years I am 59 I am going out of my mind with dry mouth , it got worse in last year I went to Dentist and nothing wrong said it must be my medication also my tongue coated all the time,I can get very anxious as my mouth gets so dry always worse at night I ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi, I started taking Exforge 2 days ago. I had a terrible headache. I don't know if that is a side effect of the drug or a coincidence. I let you know after some days of treatment. By the way, Exforge stabilized my HT effectively better that my old medication.
Hi everyone, my name is Linda and I live in France, originally from South Africa, 55 years old. Anyway my doc changed my blood pressure medication as it was taken off the market in France (Axeler) and prescribed Exforge I have read so many bad reviews, that I decided to take hawthorn to replace ...