A study for a 11 year old boy who takes Singulair, Atarax - from FDA reports
36 males aged 11 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 11 year old male patient who has Asthma, Dermatitis Atopic. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 20, 2017
36 males aged 11 (±5) who takes Singulair, Atarax are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 11
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Asthma, Dermatitis Atopic
- Drugs taken:
- Singulair (montelukast sodium)
- Atarax (hydroxyzine hydrochloride)
- Drug interactions: Elevated Liver Enzymes, Diarrhea, Nausea
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Elevated Liver Enzymes: 0 (0% of males aged 11 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Diarrhea: 0 (0% of males aged 11 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Nausea: 2 (5.56% of males aged 11 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Diarrhea in Asthma: 43 (1.3% of males aged 11 (±5) who have Asthma)
- Diarrhea in Dermatitis Atopic: 2 (0.72% of males aged 11 (±5) who have Dermatitis Atopic)
- Elevated Liver Enzymes in Asthma: 0 (0% of males aged 11 (±5) who have Asthma)
- Elevated Liver Enzymes in Dermatitis Atopic: 0 (0% of males aged 11 (±5) who have Dermatitis Atopic)
- Nausea in Asthma: 103 (3.11% of males aged 11 (±5) who have Asthma)
- Nausea in Dermatitis Atopic: 3 (1.08% of males aged 11 (±5) who have Dermatitis Atopic)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Diarrhea in Atarax: 25 (5.23% of males aged 11 (±5) who take Atarax)
- Diarrhea in Singulair: 62 (1.66% of males aged 11 (±5) who take Singulair)
- Elevated Liver Enzymes in Atarax: 0 (0% of males aged 11 (±5) who take Atarax)
- Elevated Liver Enzymes in Singulair: 0 (0% of males aged 11 (±5) who take Singulair)
- Nausea in Atarax: 15 (3.14% of males aged 11 (±5) who take Atarax)
- Nausea in Singulair: 108 (2.89% of males aged 11 (±5) who take Singulair)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Asthma (17 people, 47.22%)
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (4 people, 11.11%)
- Allergic Rhinitis (4 people, 11.11%)
- Dermatitis Atopic (3 people, 8.33%)
- Preventive Health Care (2 people, 5.56%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Protopic (10 people, 27.78%)
- Xolair (8 people, 22.22%)
- Rhinocort (8 people, 22.22%)
- Bactroban (8 people, 22.22%)
- Albuterol (8 people, 22.22%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Eczema (8 people, 22.22%)
- Abdominal Pain (7 people, 19.44%)
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura (6 people, 16.67%)
- Haematuria (4 people, 11.11%)
- Anti-Platelet Antibody Positive (4 people, 11.11%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Singulair has active ingredients of montelukast sodium. It is often used in asthma. (latest outcomes from Singulair 67,838 users)
- Atarax has active ingredients of hydroxyzine hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. (latest outcomes from Atarax 15,201 users)
What are the conditions?
- Asthma can be treated by Singulair, Symbicort, Advair diskus 250/50, Albuterol sulfate, Albuterol (latest reports from 132,228 Asthma patients)
- Dermatitis atopic (inflammatory, chronically relapsing, non-contagious and pruritic skin disorder) (latest reports from 3,450 Dermatitis atopic patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Elevated liver enzymes (high liver enzymes) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, weight loss, rheumatoid arthritis, birth control, bipolar disorder (latest reports from 281 Elevated liver enzymes patients).
- Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, pain (latest reports from 288,194 Diarrhea patients).
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 456,235 Nausea patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have been taking Creon for 5 months due to partial removal of my pancreas, my gall bladder and the my bile duct due to cancer. I also take a multivitamin, Vitamin D and calcium. I have loose stools daily (not sure if it qualifies for diarrhea), several times a day, meaning they are not ...
Hello, I've been prescribed Atarax, before that I had been taking baclofen for pain. I have anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, and have recently been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. I have good days and I have bad days. Today is not a good day, and I feel like I can insane just ...
Excessive sweating, especially of my scalp, face, neck to the point that it runs off of my chin. When I walk from a fairly cool room (72 degrees) into a warmer room (80 degrees) the sweat starts rolling out of my hair, going into my eyes!! I'm a 58 year old female and have had this horrible ...
You may be interested in these reviews
After 1 week on atenolo I started feeling bad. After 3 weeks I thought I was going to pass out and was nauseous and lightheaded. I stopped taking the atenolol and ended up in emergency with bp of 180/115 and terrible symptoms like tight chest, anxiety, internal shaking, massive nausea, ...
I just found out a few weeks ago, that I have severe chronic interstitial lung diasese. Peter to that, for months I was nauseous , super tired & glued to my bed. Well the nausea has got worst & I need someone's help. Thanks Don
I have been taking 900mg of Gabapentin every evening to relieve the severe burning in the soles of my feet for the last 3 months. Early on I experienced a change in bowel habits, from a lifelong battle with constipation to loose, regular, very odorous, somewhat painful movements. Has anyone ...
I was placed on Amlodipine Bestlate 5 mg. Only took for two days started feeling very weak, tired and have diarrhea everytime I eat. Anyone have side effects that quicky after starting this medication, if so how long did it take for symptoms to go away?