A study for a 68 year old man who takes Ancef - from FDA reports
1,236 males aged 68 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 68 year old male patient who has Antibiotic Therapy. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 20, 2017
1,236 males aged 68 (±5) who takes Ancef are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 68
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Antibiotic Therapy
- Drugs taken:
- Ancef (cefazolin sodium)
- Side effects: Hearing Loss
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Hearing Loss: 0 (0% of males aged 68 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hearing Loss in Antibiotic Therapy: 0 (0% of males aged 68 (±5) who have Antibiotic Therapy)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hearing Loss in Ancef: 0 (0% of males aged 68 (±5) who take Ancef)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Coronary Artery Bypass (194 people, 15.70%)
- Preventive Health Care (74 people, 5.99%)
- High Blood Pressure (60 people, 4.85%)
- Aortic Valve Replacement (54 people, 4.37%)
- Pain (50 people, 4.05%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Heparin (308 people, 24.92%)
- Trasylol (242 people, 19.58%)
- Lasix (210 people, 16.99%)
- Fentanyl (177 people, 14.32%)
- Aspirin (153 people, 12.38%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (270 people, 21.84%)
- Acute Kidney Failure (253 people, 20.47%)
- Stress And Anxiety (247 people, 19.98%)
- Injury (243 people, 19.66%)
- Fear (203 people, 16.42%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Ancef has active ingredients of cefazolin sodium. (latest outcomes from Ancef 2,665 users)
What are the conditions?
- Antibiotic therapy can be treated by Cephalexin, Levaquin (latest reports from 3,112 Antibiotic therapy patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Hearing loss has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 13,306 Hearing loss patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I am a 60 year old female who has recently suffered a sudden onset of hearing loss in my second ear. The first occurred about 15 years ago. It has already impacted me in my profession and already limited social life and paints a bleak picture for the future. Is it possible that my hearing loss ...
I am the son (born 1956) of a DES mother. (Diethylstilbestrol) I have a moderate to severe hearing loss in both ears. My brother (born 1955), also a DES son has a profound hearing loss. Like a high percentage of DES sons, my brother had undescended testicles. About 35 years ago I went to a ...
I started taking Toprol XL and 3 days later experienced hearing loss in my right ear. ENT did treatment where he lanced my eardrum and injected steroid so it would reach inner ear. I have not regained hearing to normal in right ear. I'm hoping someone has been successful in treating this ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Has anyone experienced permanent hearing loss after stopping Topiramate? Or did hearing restore? I only took the medication for about 45 days and reported to my Nuro within two weeks noticeable hearing issues. She dismissed me completely!!! I went to my family doc and to ENT as well. Anyone else ...
I have been wearing hearing aids for the last 5 years, and have been taking glucosamine for 2 months. My hearing has deteriorated considerably in this short time, so I am now stopping taking it, to monitor if my hearing improves.