A study for a 49 year old woman who takes Zanaflex, Topamax - from FDA reports
367 females aged 49 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 49 year old female patient who has Migraines. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 20, 2017
367 females aged 49 (±5) who takes Zanaflex, Topamax are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 49
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Migraines
- Drugs taken:
- Zanaflex (tizanidine hydrochloride)
- Topamax (topiramate)
- Drug interactions: Nosebleed
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Nosebleed: 1 (0.27% of females aged 49 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Nosebleed in Migraines: 26 (0.37% of females aged 49 (±5) who have Migraines)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Nosebleed in Zanaflex: 26 (0.62% of females aged 49 (±5) who take Zanaflex)
- Nosebleed in Topamax: 33 (0.46% of females aged 49 (±5) who take Topamax)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (82 people, 22.34%)
- Pain (70 people, 19.07%)
- Migraine (67 people, 18.26%)
- Depression (62 people, 16.89%)
- Muscle Spasms (55 people, 14.99%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (68 people, 18.53%)
- Cymbalta (66 people, 17.98%)
- Neurontin (61 people, 16.62%)
- Lyrica (54 people, 14.71%)
- Xanax (44 people, 11.99%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fall (46 people, 12.53%)
- Headache (45 people, 12.26%)
- Pain (43 people, 11.72%)
- Fatigue (31 people, 8.45%)
- Drug Ineffective (29 people, 7.90%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Zanaflex has active ingredients of tizanidine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from Zanaflex 11,151 users)
- Topamax has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Topamax 37,872 users)
What are the conditions?
- Migraines can be treated by Topamax, Topiramate, Maxalt, Propranolol hydrochloride, Amitriptyline hydrochloride (latest reports from 84,914 Migraines patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Nosebleed (bleeding from nose) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, stroke, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, primary pulmonary hypertension (latest reports from 43,903 Nosebleed patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Hello, I'm interested from hearing from anyone about their experience with decreased muscle tone while using Topamax. I am most curious if anyone has experienced decreased muscle tone during Topamax use and had some recovery of muscle tone after stopping the medication?
I have had headaches, which drs have thought were migraines, since age 14-15 and I'm 50 now. Although there have been stages of relief, they have only gotten worse of the course of my lifetime. Since the 90s when Imitrex cam out I have had quite a bit of success with relief from each headache ...
I have been taking ibuprofen about 4 times a week for pain as needed for about a month. Last night I woke up and had a nose bleed. Can the ibuprofen cause this and if I stop taking it will the nose bleeds stop or has it stopped for you? It is 600mg per pill. The nose bleed did not last long, ...
I was put on topamax to replace a drug that was causing side effects. The first time i took it after about an hour i was having to work at swallowing it took me five or six tries to be able to swallow. Is this a suspect in this problem i'm having?
I have always had on and off acne and bowel problems, but both issues subsided until about a month ago. My last doctors visit was around march and I was advised to start taking Magnesium and Coq10 in combination with Topomax for headaches so that I didn't have to take a muscle relaxer, so I did ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I've been on Zanaflex since '09...I constant hallucinate if it's dark in the home. I once drove in the early morning around 0600 & it kicked in & I got nailed by the Police & because I'm the mother of a Ok Tpr I didnt go to jail. But, I was bitching at them for not doing Cpr on woman not ...
Hi. Just found this by accident. Been on Topamax for 8 mths now (migraines). Have lost 40 pounds. A few weeks ago I took a close look at myself and realized that most of what I've lost looks like it's muscle mass that's gone. I realize that we all lose muscle as we age (I'm 65) but this ...
I have been having nose bleeds for about a month on and off. Last night; a friend told me that cinnamon could be causing it. I texted my son and asked him to look it up. Not only was that true, but it can cause kidney problems as well. I am going to a specialist this afternoon; an Ear, Nose, ...
Just combed a clump of hair out of my head. Started taking Zanaflex regularly for the last 3 weeks from muscle spasms. And just looked up the relationship with hairloss I might just have to quit taking this drug I love my hair.