A study for a 49 year old woman who takes Zanaflex, Topamax - from FDA reports
367 females aged 49 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 49 year old female patient who has Migraines. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 20, 2017
367 females aged 49 (±5) who takes Zanaflex, Topamax are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 49
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Migraines
- Drugs taken:
- Zanaflex (tizanidine hydrochloride)
- Topamax (topiramate)
- Drug interactions: Nosebleed
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Nosebleed: 1 (0.27% of females aged 49 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Nosebleed in Migraines: 26 (0.37% of females aged 49 (±5) who have Migraines)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Nosebleed in Zanaflex: 26 (0.62% of females aged 49 (±5) who take Zanaflex)
- Nosebleed in Topamax: 33 (0.46% of females aged 49 (±5) who take Topamax)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (82 people, 22.34%)
- Pain (70 people, 19.07%)
- Migraine (67 people, 18.26%)
- Depression (62 people, 16.89%)
- Muscle Spasms (55 people, 14.99%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (68 people, 18.53%)
- Cymbalta (66 people, 17.98%)
- Neurontin (61 people, 16.62%)
- Lyrica (54 people, 14.71%)
- Xanax (44 people, 11.99%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fall (46 people, 12.53%)
- Headache (45 people, 12.26%)
- Pain (43 people, 11.72%)
- Fatigue (31 people, 8.45%)
- Drug Ineffective (29 people, 7.90%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Zanaflex has active ingredients of tizanidine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from Zanaflex 11,162 users)
- Topamax has active ingredients of topiramate. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Topamax 37,904 users)
What are the conditions?
- Migraines can be treated by Topamax, Topiramate, Maxalt, Propranolol hydrochloride, Amitriptyline hydrochloride (latest reports from 85,009 Migraines patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Nosebleed (bleeding from nose) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, stroke, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, primary pulmonary hypertension (latest reports from 43,920 Nosebleed patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Hello, I'm interested from hearing from anyone about their experience with decreased muscle tone while using Topamax. I am most curious if anyone has experienced decreased muscle tone during Topamax use and had some recovery of muscle tone after stopping the medication?
I have had headaches, which drs have thought were migraines, since age 14-15 and I'm 50 now. Although there have been stages of relief, they have only gotten worse of the course of my lifetime. Since the 90s when Imitrex cam out I have had quite a bit of success with relief from each headache ...
I have been taking ibuprofen about 4 times a week for pain as needed for about a month. Last night I woke up and had a nose bleed. Can the ibuprofen cause this and if I stop taking it will the nose bleeds stop or has it stopped for you? It is 600mg per pill. The nose bleed did not last long, ...
I was put on topamax to replace a drug that was causing side effects. The first time i took it after about an hour i was having to work at swallowing it took me five or six tries to be able to swallow. Is this a suspect in this problem i'm having?
I have always had on and off acne and bowel problems, but both issues subsided until about a month ago. My last doctors visit was around march and I was advised to start taking Magnesium and Coq10 in combination with Topomax for headaches so that I didn't have to take a muscle relaxer, so I did ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Has anyone experienced permanent hearing loss after stopping Topiramate? Or did hearing restore? I only took the medication for about 45 days and reported to my Nuro within two weeks noticeable hearing issues. She dismissed me completely!!! I went to my family doc and to ENT as well. Anyone else ...
I was just diagnosed vitamin D low & calcum low osteoporosis in wrist and hips Osteopenia in spine I'm 53 Been taking Topamax since 2000 I just got Daith piercing for migraines 3 days ago so far, it's helped.
I have been on Topomax for 50 days and this past week has been hell. I have fought the urge to kill myself, planned, and looked at the clock every 15 minutes to congratulate myself for still being alive. I have a daughter and she is the only reason I have not done it. But upon waking this ...