A study for a 40 year old man who takes Effexor Xr - from FDA reports
3,903 males aged 40 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 40 year old male patient who has Major Depression. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 20, 2017
3,903 males aged 40 (±5) who takes Effexor Xr are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 40
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Major Depression
- Drugs taken:
- Effexor Xr (venlafaxine hydrochloride)
- Side effects: Major Depression, Paranoia, Hypomania
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Major Depression: 38 (0.97% of males aged 40 (±5) who take the drug)
- Paranoia: 76 (1.95% of males aged 40 (±5) who take the drug)
- Hypomania: 20 (0.51% of males aged 40 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hypomania in Major Depression: 2 (0.33% of males aged 40 (±5) who have Major Depression)
- Paranoia in Major Depression: 5 (0.81% of males aged 40 (±5) who have Major Depression)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hypomania in Effexor Xr: 20 (0.51% of males aged 40 (±5) who take Effexor Xr)
- Major Depression in Effexor Xr: 38 (0.97% of males aged 40 (±5) who take Effexor Xr)
- Paranoia in Effexor Xr: 76 (1.95% of males aged 40 (±5) who take Effexor Xr)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (983 people, 25.19%)
- Stress And Anxiety (320 people, 8.20%)
- Pain (194 people, 4.97%)
- Bipolar Disorder (191 people, 4.89%)
- High Blood Pressure (150 people, 3.84%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (334 people, 8.56%)
- Zyprexa (233 people, 5.97%)
- Neurontin (201 people, 5.15%)
- Klonopin (198 people, 5.07%)
- Risperdal (188 people, 4.82%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (331 people, 8.48%)
- Depression (298 people, 7.64%)
- Drug Withdrawal Syndrome (296 people, 7.58%)
- Dizziness (242 people, 6.20%)
- Drug Ineffective (238 people, 6.10%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Effexor xr has active ingredients of venlafaxine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Effexor xr 28,743 users)
What are the conditions?
- Major depression (a mood state that goes well beyond temporarily feeling sad or blue. it is a serious medical illness that affects one's thoughts, feelings) can be treated by Cymbalta, Zoloft, Effexor xr, Wellbutrin xl, Prozac (latest reports from 21,189 Major depression patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Major depression (a mood state that goes well beyond temporarily feeling sad or blue. it is a serious medical illness that affects one's thoughts, feelings) has been reported by people with depression, osteoporosis, pain, stress and anxiety, major depression (latest reports from 21,189 Major depression patients).
- Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur) has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, stress and anxiety, schizophrenia (latest reports from 14,881 Paranoia patients).
- Hypomania (a mild form of mania, marked by elation and hyperactivity) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, stress and anxiety, parkinson's disease, insomnia (latest reports from 2,645 Hypomania patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Hello, I've been prescribed Atarax, before that I had been taking baclofen for pain. I have anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, and have recently been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. I have good days and I have bad days. Today is not a good day, and I feel like I can insane just ...
Effexor Lawsuit Forming- I'm looking for people to join with me to form a lawsuit to sue the drug company, Pfizer, that is the maker of the drug. I am working with someone who is knowledgeable about doing this, and is already moving forward with a suit for Seroquil. If you have developed a ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Been on Buspar for about 30 days at 5mg three times a day. AT first took it wrong was taking it every fours hours no one told me it should be spaced over 8 hours. I also have just come of Cymbalta now been 18 days. Feel a little hypomania like my real self is trying to emerge could this be ...
just found out the link between Effexor Xr and Atrial Fibrillation. Add this to the known but not published knowledge that the drug was a dependant drug when released you have a conspiracy to miss-inform both patience and medical professionals. What else are we not being told?