A study for a 34 year old woman who takes Minastrin 24 Fe, Methyldopa - from FDA reports
2 females aged 34 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 34 year old female patient who has Birth Control, High Blood Pressure. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 20, 2017
2 females aged 34 (±5) who takes Minastrin 24 Fe, Methyldopa are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 34
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Birth Control, High Blood Pressure
- Drugs taken:
- Minastrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol; norethindrone acetate)
- Methyldopa (methyldopa)
- Drug interactions: Weight Gain, Water Retention
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Weight Gain: 0 (0% of females aged 34 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Water Retention: 0 (0% of females aged 34 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Water Retention in Birth Control: 68 (0.16% of females aged 34 (±5) who have Birth Control)
- Water Retention in High Blood Pressure: 16 (0.36% of females aged 34 (±5) who have High Blood Pressure)
- Weight Gain in Birth Control: 982 (2.37% of females aged 34 (±5) who have Birth Control)
- Weight Gain in High Blood Pressure: 99 (2.22% of females aged 34 (±5) who have High Blood Pressure)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Water Retention in Minastrin 24 Fe: 2 (0.16% of females aged 34 (±5) who take Minastrin 24 Fe)
- Water Retention in Methyldopa: 1 (0.14% of females aged 34 (±5) who take Methyldopa)
- Weight Gain in Minastrin 24 Fe: 37 (3.01% of females aged 34 (±5) who take Minastrin 24 Fe)
- Weight Gain in Methyldopa: 12 (1.71% of females aged 34 (±5) who take Methyldopa)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (2 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humulin R (2 people, 100.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Sleep Apnea Syndrome (2 people, 100.00%)
- Pulmonary Hypertension (2 people, 100.00%)
- Pre-Eclampsia (2 people, 100.00%)
- Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control (2 people, 100.00%)
- Blood Glucose Fluctuation (2 people, 100.00%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Minastrin 24 fe has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; norethindrone acetate. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Minastrin 24 fe 220 users)
- Methyldopa has active ingredients of methyldopa. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Methyldopa 2,918 users)
What are the conditions?
- Birth control can be treated by Mirena, Yaz, Depo-provera, Nuvaring, Yasmin (latest reports from 182,017 Birth control patients)
- High blood pressure can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol tartrate (latest reports from 525,639 High blood pressure patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 125,402 Weight gain patients).
- Water retention has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 38,316 Water retention patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have copd. Ive just been put on symbicort. iam also on spiriva respimat. Since I was put on symbicort I notice I have been gaining weight. I am on a strict low carb diet. I eat small meals . I cannot exercise due to my copd. What can I do to try and keep weight off.
Hello I just started to take isoniazid 2 months ago and as soon I started taking it I'm having pain on my both knees mostly in the left one and weighing some weight as well and Imsomnia. Now i been telling my doctor about this symptoms and think that is because of the medication and he says NO! ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi--I'm new here. I have had hypokalemia for a couple of yrs now and my primary care physician just keeps upping my dose of potassium. Finally, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired--complete with the heart palpitations and cramping so badly that from time to time I can't even walk to ...
I was fitted with a pacemaker In NOV, 2015 and began taking Eliquis. Within a year my weight increased by over 40 pounds. Ultimately I was wheeled into the emergency room hardly able to breathe. They gave me a breathalyzer, didn't work. I was put on medication to reduce my water weight ...
I gained 8-10 pounds within the first 8 weeks of taking it. I had not changed my diet or exercise regime but now with effort am unable to take of this uneeded extra weight. My doctor believes it is unrelated to Prazosin but I am unable to otherwise account for the gain & as was already a bit ...