A study for a 45 year old woman who takes Sulfasalazine, Plaquenil - from FDA reports
478 females aged 45 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 45 year old female patient who has Arthritis Enteropathic. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 20, 2017
478 females aged 45 (±5) who takes Sulfasalazine, Plaquenil are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 45
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Arthritis Enteropathic
- Drugs taken:
- Sulfasalazine (sulfasalazine)
- Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate)
- Drug interactions: Ms Hug
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Ms Hug: 3 (0.63% of females aged 45 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Ms Hug in Arthritis Enteropathic: 0 (0% of females aged 45 (±5) who have Arthritis Enteropathic)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Ms Hug in Sulfasalazine: 6 (0.26% of females aged 45 (±5) who take Sulfasalazine)
- Ms Hug in Plaquenil: 27 (0.45% of females aged 45 (±5) who take Plaquenil)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (378 people, 79.08%)
- Pain (27 people, 5.65%)
- High Blood Pressure (15 people, 3.14%)
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (11 people, 2.30%)
- Depression (10 people, 2.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Enbrel (220 people, 46.03%)
- Methotrexate (205 people, 42.89%)
- Humira (131 people, 27.41%)
- Arava (94 people, 19.67%)
- Folic Acid (75 people, 15.69%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Drug Ineffective (98 people, 20.50%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (80 people, 16.74%)
- Diarrhea (46 people, 9.62%)
- Pain (42 people, 8.79%)
- Nausea (41 people, 8.58%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Sulfasalazine has active ingredients of sulfasalazine. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Sulfasalazine 20,297 users)
- Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus. (latest outcomes from Plaquenil 31,521 users)
What are the conditions?
- Arthritis enteropathic (form of chronic, inflammatory arthritis associated with the occurrence of an inflammatory bowel disease) can be treated by Prednisone (latest reports from 366 Arthritis enteropathic patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Ms hug has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, gait disturbance (latest reports from 446,577 Ms hug patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have been sick seven years at first they told everyone it was Fibromyalgia, then my ANA was positive with speckled pattern and sjorgens syndrom, now I have been diagnosed with hypermobility joint syndrom, which is crazy because my joints have NEVER been flexible and still aren't The dr ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Help. Taking paquenil for 3 years and eczema is out of control. One doctor thinks it might be the pacquenil. I don't know whether to go off of it or not. I know it stays in your system for a long time. Has anyone had this problem?
I've been on plaquenil for the past 4.5 years (400mg daily) and over the past 18 months have suffered from pain ranging from a nagging dull to a sharp intense (make your knees buckle) pain. I complained about this pain; however after several emergency room visits, 2 MRIs, a vaginal probe and a ...
I took Sulfasalazine for 3 mos. last fall for Colitis and it worked fine. I started it again 5 wks. ago and I have weakness and numbness in my arm and hand. It is almost like I have had a stroke but I know I didn't. My neck gets very sore and it feels like I have lost coordination with my my ...