A study for a 45 year old woman who takes Sulfasalazine, Plaquenil - from FDA reports
478 females aged 45 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 45 year old female patient who has Arthritis Enteropathic. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 20, 2017
478 females aged 45 (±5) who takes Sulfasalazine, Plaquenil are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 45
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Arthritis Enteropathic
- Drugs taken:
- Sulfasalazine (sulfasalazine)
- Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate)
- Drug interactions: Ms Hug
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Ms Hug: 3 (0.63% of females aged 45 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Ms Hug in Arthritis Enteropathic: 0 (0% of females aged 45 (±5) who have Arthritis Enteropathic)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Ms Hug in Sulfasalazine: 6 (0.26% of females aged 45 (±5) who take Sulfasalazine)
- Ms Hug in Plaquenil: 27 (0.45% of females aged 45 (±5) who take Plaquenil)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (378 people, 79.08%)
- Pain (27 people, 5.65%)
- High Blood Pressure (15 people, 3.14%)
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (11 people, 2.30%)
- Depression (10 people, 2.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Enbrel (220 people, 46.03%)
- Methotrexate (205 people, 42.89%)
- Humira (131 people, 27.41%)
- Arava (94 people, 19.67%)
- Folic Acid (75 people, 15.69%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Drug Ineffective (98 people, 20.50%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (80 people, 16.74%)
- Diarrhea (46 people, 9.62%)
- Pain (42 people, 8.79%)
- Nausea (41 people, 8.58%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Sulfasalazine has active ingredients of sulfasalazine. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Sulfasalazine 20,310 users)
- Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus. (latest outcomes from Plaquenil 31,569 users)
What are the conditions?
- Arthritis enteropathic (form of chronic, inflammatory arthritis associated with the occurrence of an inflammatory bowel disease) can be treated by Prednisone (latest reports from 367 Arthritis enteropathic patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Ms hug has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, gait disturbance (latest reports from 446,644 Ms hug patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I recently started gabapentin for nerve pain and fibromyalgia however have been taking plaquinel for years for arthritis. My question is, do I really need both? I have researched and found gabapentin can be used for many conditions including arthritis. I also know you don't have to ween off of ...
I have been sick seven years at first they told everyone it was Fibromyalgia, then my ANA was positive with speckled pattern and sjorgens syndrom, now I have been diagnosed with hypermobility joint syndrom, which is crazy because my joints have NEVER been flexible and still aren't The dr ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi My mother had colonscopy last month ..and had this medication for a week as her doctor suspected she had chron but she was fine ...3 weeks later she has very liw platlets count and her count was Zero she 's still in hospital ...any information about something like that?? Thank you
I am a 65 year old female and I was diagnosed with MS eighteen years ago, though I suspect I have had MS since my late twenties. I always took good care of my teeth and they were quite nice. In the last few years I started having trouble with them and about eighteen months ago they started ...
I was officially diagnosed with MS back in April and unofficially diagnosed back in February. I would assume that I have had PCOS since I was a teenager but I have for sure had it since 2009 after an exploratory lap. I am pretty freaked out with the MS diagnosis more than anything else.
I am joining this group as I am worried that my daughter is suffering from some kind of psychosis or paranoia, she started taking sulphasalazine shortly after the birth of her daughter 2 years ago. I have come across a few things online about this drug and psychosis so need to know more . Thank ...
Hi my name is Sheri i am a new member here and would like to introduce myself.i am 49 and have RA .i am currently diagnosed and started 300 mg of plaquinil. And now am having a horrible metallic taste in my mouth....Does anybody else experience this and is it normal.Does it go away. Does anyone ...