A study for a 45 year old woman who takes Sulfasalazine, Plaquenil - from FDA reports
478 females aged 45 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 45 year old female patient who has Arthritis Enteropathic. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 20, 2017
478 females aged 45 (±5) who takes Sulfasalazine, Plaquenil are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 45
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Arthritis Enteropathic
- Drugs taken:
- Sulfasalazine (sulfasalazine)
- Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate)
- Drug interactions: Ms Hug
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Ms Hug: 3 (0.63% of females aged 45 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Ms Hug in Arthritis Enteropathic: 0 (0% of females aged 45 (±5) who have Arthritis Enteropathic)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Ms Hug in Sulfasalazine: 6 (0.26% of females aged 45 (±5) who take Sulfasalazine)
- Ms Hug in Plaquenil: 27 (0.45% of females aged 45 (±5) who take Plaquenil)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (378 people, 79.08%)
- Pain (27 people, 5.65%)
- High Blood Pressure (15 people, 3.14%)
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (11 people, 2.30%)
- Depression (10 people, 2.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Enbrel (220 people, 46.03%)
- Methotrexate (205 people, 42.89%)
- Humira (131 people, 27.41%)
- Arava (94 people, 19.67%)
- Folic Acid (75 people, 15.69%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Drug Ineffective (98 people, 20.50%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (80 people, 16.74%)
- Diarrhea (46 people, 9.62%)
- Pain (42 people, 8.79%)
- Nausea (41 people, 8.58%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Sulfasalazine has active ingredients of sulfasalazine. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Sulfasalazine 20,305 users)
- Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus. (latest outcomes from Plaquenil 31,546 users)
What are the conditions?
- Arthritis enteropathic (form of chronic, inflammatory arthritis associated with the occurrence of an inflammatory bowel disease) can be treated by Prednisone (latest reports from 367 Arthritis enteropathic patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Ms hug has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, gait disturbance (latest reports from 446,613 Ms hug patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have been sick seven years at first they told everyone it was Fibromyalgia, then my ANA was positive with speckled pattern and sjorgens syndrom, now I have been diagnosed with hypermobility joint syndrom, which is crazy because my joints have NEVER been flexible and still aren't The dr ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi my name is Sheri i am a new member here and would like to introduce myself.i am 49 and have RA .i am currently diagnosed and started 300 mg of plaquinil. And now am having a horrible metallic taste in my mouth....Does anybody else experience this and is it normal.Does it go away. Does anyone ...
Just starting sulfasalazine. Been taking Alpha lipoic acid for PBCholangitis for 3 months. I also take selenium and milk thistle. Just wondering if these supplements interfere with sulfasalazine? Are there any additional supplements I should take now that I'm starting sulfasalazine? ...
Trying to get off baclofen has anyone had bad withdrawal symptoms doing this we are tapering it daily...I was on 3 months and side effects hit me worse than disease and researching withdrawal symptoms just scares me thank you
My son was diagnosed with MCTD (Mixed Connective Tissue Disorder) form of Lupus at the age of 10. He was put on Plaquenil and remained on it for 10 years. He had a relatively normal childhood and teenage years. Now fast forward at the age of 23 he was experiencing psychotic episodes where he ...
I've had MS for 34 years and been SPMS for about 15. My dad broke his pelvis a year ago. I am the closest sibling to him, My wife is a kind caring person and has been and continues to be a great help with me helping through my dad's situation. The increased stress dealing with this ...