A study for a 28 year old man who takes Ambien - from FDA reports
1,679 males aged 28 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 28 year old male patient who has Insomnia Concerns. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 20, 2017
1,679 males aged 28 (±5) who takes Ambien are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 28
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Insomnia Concerns
- Drugs taken:
- Ambien (zolpidem tartrate)
- Side effects: Renal Pain, Frequent Urination, Numbness And Tingling
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Renal Pain: 1 (0.06% of males aged 28 (±5) who take the drug)
- Frequent Urination: 0 (0% of males aged 28 (±5) who take the drug)
- Numbness And Tingling: 0 (0% of males aged 28 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Frequent Urination in Insomnia Concerns: 0 (0% of males aged 28 (±5) who have Insomnia Concerns)
- Numbness And Tingling in Insomnia Concerns: 0 (0% of males aged 28 (±5) who have Insomnia Concerns)
- Renal Pain in Insomnia Concerns: 3 (0.24% of males aged 28 (±5) who have Insomnia Concerns)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Frequent Urination in Ambien: 0 (0% of males aged 28 (±5) who take Ambien)
- Numbness And Tingling in Ambien: 0 (0% of males aged 28 (±5) who take Ambien)
- Renal Pain in Ambien: 1 (0.06% of males aged 28 (±5) who take Ambien)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Insomnia (316 people, 18.82%)
- Depression (126 people, 7.50%)
- Pain (116 people, 6.91%)
- Sleep Disorder (115 people, 6.85%)
- Stress And Anxiety (91 people, 5.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xanax (113 people, 6.73%)
- Alprazolam (103 people, 6.13%)
- Seroquel (98 people, 5.84%)
- Neurontin (85 people, 5.06%)
- Zyprexa (83 people, 4.94%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Completed Suicide (163 people, 9.71%)
- Insomnia (142 people, 8.46%)
- Stress And Anxiety (127 people, 7.56%)
- Drug Abuse And Dependence (127 people, 7.56%)
- Memory Loss (113 people, 6.73%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Ambien has active ingredients of zolpidem tartrate. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Ambien 67,011 users)
What are the conditions?
- Insomnia concerns can be treated by Ambien, Trazodone hydrochloride, Lunesta, Zolpidem tartrate, Melatonin (latest reports from 220,589 Insomnia concerns patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Renal pain (kidney pain) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, pain (latest reports from 5,544 Renal pain patients).
- Frequent urination has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety, pain, insomnia (latest reports from 712 Frequent urination patients).
- Numbness and tingling (unusual prickling sensations) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 7,039 Numbness and tingling patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have been using this Hair Regrowth Treatment for about 8 years and have begun to realize that during the same 8 years I have had a dramatic increase in UTI's. I am reacting badly to all of the antibiotics designed to treat UTI's so I need to figure out what is causing them rather than trying ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been taking 12.5 mg Ambien CR for 6 years 2 or 3 times per week and then for about 10 or 11 months every night. About 6 months ago I was diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy in both feet and it has become worse since. In the past 2 months or so I have tried to get off Ambien by cutting ...
Hello everyone, new to medical forum, new to group forums in general. I've been on my own short journey, just starting out, about 8 months now. I'm sure almost everyone's been on this mouse wheel, taking/trying new medications... Basically a watch and wait, maybe pray.... For somthing to work, ...
I took Sulfasalazine for 3 mos. last fall for Colitis and it worked fine. I started it again 5 wks. ago and I have weakness and numbness in my arm and hand. It is almost like I have had a stroke but I know I didn't. My neck gets very sore and it feels like I have lost coordination with my my ...