A study for a 17 year old girl who takes Doxycycline Hyclate - from FDA reports
1,471 females aged 17 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 17 year old female patient who has Acne. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 21, 2017
1,471 females aged 17 (±5) who takes Doxycycline Hyclate are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 17
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Acne
- Drugs taken:
- Doxycycline Hyclate (doxycycline hyclate)
- Side effects: Pleurisy, Heartburn
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Pleurisy: 1 (0.07% of females aged 17 (±5) who take the drug)
- Heartburn: 24 (1.63% of females aged 17 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Heartburn in Acne: 173 (2.89% of females aged 17 (±5) who have Acne)
- Pleurisy in Acne: 12 (0.2% of females aged 17 (±5) who have Acne)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Heartburn in Doxycycline Hyclate: 24 (1.63% of females aged 17 (±5) who take Doxycycline Hyclate)
- Pleurisy in Doxycycline Hyclate: 1 (0.07% of females aged 17 (±5) who take Doxycycline Hyclate)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Abortion Induced (413 people, 28.08%)
- Acne (246 people, 16.72%)
- Birth Control (150 people, 10.20%)
- Depression (47 people, 3.20%)
- Pain (41 people, 2.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Misoprostol (381 people, 25.90%)
- Yasmin (130 people, 8.84%)
- Yaz (111 people, 7.55%)
- Ibuprofen (60 people, 4.08%)
- Azithromycin (52 people, 3.54%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Haemorrhage (207 people, 14.07%)
- Pain (164 people, 11.15%)
- Nausea (134 people, 9.11%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (128 people, 8.70%)
- Anaemia (111 people, 7.55%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Doxycycline hyclate has active ingredients of doxycycline hyclate. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Doxycycline hyclate 4,966 users)
What are the conditions?
- Acne (skin problems that cause pimples) can be treated by Accutane, Spironolactone, Minocycline hydrochloride, Doxycycline hyclate, Doxycycline (latest reports from 46,644 Acne patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Pleurisy (inflammation of the pleurae, which causes pain when breathing) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, birth control, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 5,572 Pleurisy patients).
- Heartburn has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 139,363 Heartburn patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have been taking a combination of medications for several disorders tha I suffer from. I am concerned because I have a friend with tardive dyskinesia which she believes she got from taking Xanax, and my great grandmother had it also, but I have no idea the medications she was on at that time. ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have terrible heartburn about half hour to 45 minutes after taking my dilaudid. It is kind of scary heartburn. I have never experienced anything like it before. Usually after eating about four large tums, the heartburn eases a little. It finally goes away completely in and a couple hours. ...
Hi I'm new to the group , took phentermine for about a month had horrible heartburn and chest pain . Dr switched me to bontril and seems it's doing the same thing ! Help I really want to loose this weight
Hello new to the group, I'm learning more every day about myself, and reading more about being epileptic, I've lived with this my whole life not knowing thinking that it was normal to feel the random jerks or twitches or the waking up sick to my stomach with puking up acid, hurts a lot. Thought ...
Hi there, im a 26 year old female that takes 2x200mg injections of Cimzia for my RA. Ive been on this drug for a month now and since day 3 Ive had cronic acid reflux wich has now impacted my health in more ways then one. Just after some advice on how to handle and any remedies.