A study for a 17 year old boy who takes Risperidone, Olanzapine - from FDA reports
347 males aged 17 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 17 year old male patient who has Acute Psychosis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 21, 2017
347 males aged 17 (±5) who takes Risperidone, Olanzapine are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 17
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Acute Psychosis
- Drugs taken:
- Risperidone (risperidone)
- Olanzapine (olanzapine)
- Drug interactions: Loss Of Appetite, Suicidal Ideation
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Loss Of Appetite: 5 (1.44% of males aged 17 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Suicidal Ideation: 27 (7.78% of males aged 17 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Loss Of Appetite in Acute Psychosis: 0 (0% of males aged 17 (±5) who have Acute Psychosis)
- Suicidal Ideation in Acute Psychosis: 0 (0% of males aged 17 (±5) who have Acute Psychosis)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Loss Of Appetite in Risperidone: 32 (0.68% of males aged 17 (±5) who take Risperidone)
- Loss Of Appetite in Olanzapine: 25 (0.94% of males aged 17 (±5) who take Olanzapine)
- Suicidal Ideation in Risperidone: 139 (2.96% of males aged 17 (±5) who take Risperidone)
- Suicidal Ideation in Olanzapine: 114 (4.27% of males aged 17 (±5) who take Olanzapine)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Schizophrenia (97 people, 27.95%)
- Psychotic Disorder (42 people, 12.10%)
- Bipolar Disorder (31 people, 8.93%)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (20 people, 5.76%)
- Stress And Anxiety (14 people, 4.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (72 people, 20.75%)
- Haloperidol (30 people, 8.65%)
- Geodon (28 people, 8.07%)
- Abilify (27 people, 7.78%)
- Haldol (25 people, 7.20%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Increased (68 people, 19.60%)
- Drug Ineffective (50 people, 14.41%)
- Aggression (42 people, 12.10%)
- Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome (40 people, 11.53%)
- Agitation (37 people, 10.66%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Risperidone has active ingredients of risperidone. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Risperidone 26,429 users)
- Olanzapine has active ingredients of olanzapine. It is often used in bipolar disorder. (latest outcomes from Olanzapine 21,850 users)
What are the conditions?
- Acute psychosis (period of mentally unstable behaviour) can be treated by Risperidone, Zyprexa, Risperdal, Seroquel, Olanzapine (latest reports from 2,104 Acute psychosis patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Loss of appetite (lack of feeling to eat) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, hepatitis c, depression, pain (latest reports from 106,114 Loss of appetite patients).
- Suicidal ideation has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 61,482 Suicidal ideation patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Hello,I'm Silvia Ramakers and i live in the netherlands. I have Gorlin probably since i was about 15 (diagnosed at older age,i'm almost 50 now btw). Had many BCC's through the years. But why i'm writing (and i hope anybody can help because i'm desperate) is that since a while i have more and ...
my daughter has depression and has been on celexa for three years now and today the doctor also put her on risperidone for violent behavior that just recently accured with her depression will it hurt her in any way or will it actually help her?
Hi, My son has autism with MR and has been on Risperdone for at least 10 years, but in the last 5 years I've noticed he has this intense hunger. In the last 2 years he has went from 230pds to 315 pds. I even changed his diet to more vegetables and lean meat, but he continues to gain and he gets ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have 1 child of 16 years with autism and aggressive behavior. I just gave this month up to 4 mg intuniv and taking risperidone (4mg. 2.mg .0.75mg) and depakine (500mg .500mg). But lowering the dose of risperidone has made it much worse. And also hungry all day., Does anyone know if the ...
I started taking Prilosec in January and took it for 7 weeks for gastritis. Went to the er and told I needed my gallbladder out in February. Now back on Prilosec on march 6 told I had acid reflux. Terrible upset stomach and weight loss. No appetite. I need help. 65 year old female.
I have only just been diagnosed with sciatica. Having had a hip replacement six years ago I thought something had gone wrong with that. My doctor has prescribed Voltarol gel and Solpadol 30mg/500mg but is making me feel nauseous and I have been sick a couple of times so really do not know what ...
I have been going to a therapist for severe depression this year. While I have relationship and family issues to discuss, I also just feel generally hopeless. My doctor recently put me on a strong Valacyclovir regimen to suppress genital herpes. I recently learned that depression can be a side ...