A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Lisinopril - from FDA reports
21,623 females aged 71 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 71 year old female patient who has High Blood Pressure. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 21, 2017
21,623 females aged 71 (±5) who takes Lisinopril are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 71
- Gender: female
- Conditions: High Blood Pressure
- Drugs taken:
- Lisinopril (lisinopril)
- Side effects: Dysuria, Uti
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Dysuria: 103 (0.48% of females aged 71 (±5) who take the drug)
- Uti: 722 (3.34% of females aged 71 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dysuria in High Blood Pressure: 155 (0.38% of females aged 71 (±5) who have High Blood Pressure)
- Uti in High Blood Pressure: 1,091 (2.65% of females aged 71 (±5) who have High Blood Pressure)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dysuria in Lisinopril: 103 (0.48% of females aged 71 (±5) who take Lisinopril)
- Uti in Lisinopril: 722 (3.34% of females aged 71 (±5) who take Lisinopril)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (4,715 people, 21.81%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (2,155 people, 9.97%)
- Diabetes (1,505 people, 6.96%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (1,351 people, 6.25%)
- Pain (1,012 people, 4.68%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (2,186 people, 10.11%)
- Lipitor (1,984 people, 9.18%)
- Lasix (1,909 people, 8.83%)
- Synthroid (1,676 people, 7.75%)
- Metformin (1,506 people, 6.96%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (1,693 people, 7.83%)
- Fatigue (1,493 people, 6.90%)
- Weakness (1,407 people, 6.51%)
- Breathing Difficulty (1,382 people, 6.39%)
- Diarrhea (1,330 people, 6.15%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Lisinopril has active ingredients of lisinopril. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Lisinopril 183,666 users)
What are the conditions?
- High blood pressure can be treated by Lisinopril, Atenolol, Amlodipine besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Metoprolol tartrate (latest reports from 524,716 High blood pressure patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Dysuria (painful or difficult urination) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis (latest reports from 25,776 Dysuria patients).
- Uti (urinary tract infection) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain (latest reports from 119,348 Uti patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Just wondering if anyone that has had this, if it went away after stop taking the medicine and if so how soon. I have had distended stomach for a couple years with no idea why and have been on Lisinopril for about 8 years. I did notice puffy face right away but dismissed it and I still have a ...
Three weeks after starting Flecainide developed severe upper abdominal pain with violent vomiting about every 3 to 4 months and recently once a mont for the last 3 months. Have been hospitalized for this symptom resulting with 3 CAT scans and several abdominal exray. Each time nothing wrong ...
I have been on Divigel 0.5 mg daily for the past ten years and have no problems with the product. A few years ago I decided (without my doctor) to apply the gel every other day. The result was an UTI. My doctor told me I would need to be on Divigel for the rest of my life. The reason is if I ...
I've been misdiagnosed with drug induced lupus, yet take none of the meds they have on the list. My blood tests were strong positive for dils but negtive for systemic lupus. Confused because I don't take meds that they have on the list and have all symptoms of lupus and or rheumatoid arthritis.
You may be interested in these reviews
Just started taking 5 mg. lisinopril about a month ago. Started developing hiccups off and on almost right away that has gotten gradually worse. I am a 71 year old male that also takes other drugs including 80 mg. daily of omeprazole. Any feedback on this would be appreciated including knowing ...
I am concerned about continuing to take Lisinopril since my kidney function is abnormal. I was diagnosed as chronic kidney disease stage 2. My doctor keeps telling me it is caused by the Lisinopril but when i asked him to switch me to a difference blood pressure drug, he refuses to. Should I ...