A study for a 15 year old boy who takes Arava, Celebrex - from FDA reports
2 males aged 15 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 15 year old male patient who has Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 21, 2017
2 males aged 15 (±5) who takes Arava, Celebrex are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 15
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis
- Drugs taken:
- Arava (leflunomide)
- Celebrex (celecoxib)
- Drug interactions: Nose Bleeds
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Nose Bleeds: 0 (0% of males aged 15 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Nose Bleeds in Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis: 5 (0.5% of males aged 15 (±5) who have Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Nose Bleeds in Arava: 2 (4.65% of males aged 15 (±5) who take Arava)
- Nose Bleeds in Celebrex: 2 (0.83% of males aged 15 (±5) who take Celebrex)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (2 people, 100.00%)
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (2 people, 100.00%)
- Sleep Disorder (1 person, 50.00%)
- Seasonal Allergy (1 person, 50.00%)
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (1 person, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xibrom (1 person, 50.00%)
- Tylenol (1 person, 50.00%)
- Remicade (1 person, 50.00%)
- Methotrexate (1 person, 50.00%)
- Hydroxyzine (1 person, 50.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (1 person, 50.00%)
- Osteoarthritis (1 person, 50.00%)
- Joint Swelling (1 person, 50.00%)
- Fatigue (1 person, 50.00%)
- Dysgraphia (1 person, 50.00%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Arava has active ingredients of leflunomide. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Arava 24,930 users)
- Celebrex has active ingredients of celecoxib. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from Celebrex 100,110 users)
What are the conditions?
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis (a subset of arthritis seen in childhood) can be treated by Enbrel, Methotrexate, Humira, Methotrexate sodium, Prednisone (latest reports from 8,151 Juvenile idiopathic arthritis patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Nose bleeds has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, stroke, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, primary pulmonary hypertension (latest reports from 43,920 Nose bleeds patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have been taking ibuprofen about 4 times a week for pain as needed for about a month. Last night I woke up and had a nose bleed. Can the ibuprofen cause this and if I stop taking it will the nose bleeds stop or has it stopped for you? It is 600mg per pill. The nose bleed did not last long, ...
I'm a 68-year old male with prostate cancer and osteoporosis. My doctors are pushing for me to take Prolia for osteoporosis (T= -3). The side effects of bisphosphonates are scary. Are there any viable alternatives?
Had blood clots in lower right leg at Thanksgiving (2015) Clots are now gone but I do have edema and stasis dermatitis. The bad places are scabbing over the but skin beneath is pink and hard. Lots of shooting pains. Help!!
You may be interested in these reviews
I've been taking tramadol for pain for 8 months, today I had a nose bleed for almost 2 hours today, it has stopped flowing but its still drippy, my blood pressure is fine, but I was very hot before it started to flow from both nostrils, I work with someone who also takes tramdol for pain and ...
I have been on Simponi for over two years now and have suffered with bad nose bleeds three times and one finding very scary I would lime to.talk to others who have been going through this ,Thank you .
I am new to the group. My last blood work showed my electrolytes were 180 and should have been 220. ( I am 71 and have been on Celebrex for 4 years ) What specific foods should I eat more off to bring them up to a higher level ? Thanks, Anna
I was prescribed the Metoprolol by my doctor and after taking it for about a week I had a bad nose bleed in the middle of the night. I thought it was just a fluke but now a few days later I've had another nosebleed. Any suggestions on how I can stop this until I can get in to see my doctor?