A study for a 79 year old woman who takes Endep - from FDA reports
3,659 females aged 79 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 79 year old female patient who has Hiatus Hernia. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Apr, 21, 2017
3,659 females aged 79 (±5) who takes Endep are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 79
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Hiatus Hernia
- Drugs taken:
- Endep (amitriptyline hydrochloride)
- Side effects: Hiatus Hernia
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Hiatus Hernia: 18 (0.49% of females aged 79 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hiatus Hernia in Endep: 18 (0.49% of females aged 79 (±5) who take Endep)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (339 people, 9.26%)
- Pain (309 people, 8.44%)
- Depression (279 people, 7.63%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (269 people, 7.35%)
- Osteoporosis (238 people, 6.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (365 people, 9.98%)
- Furosemide (295 people, 8.06%)
- Synthroid (271 people, 7.41%)
- Atenolol (270 people, 7.38%)
- Omeprazole (238 people, 6.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fall (270 people, 7.38%)
- Weakness (251 people, 6.86%)
- Fatigue (225 people, 6.15%)
- Nausea (192 people, 5.25%)
- Breathing Difficulty (186 people, 5.08%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Endep has active ingredients of amitriptyline hydrochloride. It is often used in fibromyalgia. (latest outcomes from Endep 810 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hiatus hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm) can be treated by Omeprazole, Nexium, Lansoprazole, Prilosec, Protonix (latest reports from 16,178 Hiatus hernia patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Hiatus hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, gastroesophageal reflux disease, rheumatoid arthritis, pain (latest reports from 16,178 Hiatus hernia patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Hi, I would like to ask how to manage GERD without having to continue with PPIs as they are making my life misery. I am already on blunt diet (no fat, no spices, no red meat, no acidic food, no alcohol, no cigarettes, no fizzy drinks, no coffee), taking supplements like Liquorice DGL, Slippery ...
I have been taking Modalert (Modafinil) for nearly 4 months and have lost a hell of a lot of hair. When I first noticed my hair thinning I asked my doctor about it and he insisted that it would not be caused by the Modafinil, that I should look elsewhere for the cause ie. change shampoo, stop ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I was given Mirtazapine last July as the fluoxetine I was on wasn't really working, within 2 weeks of taking it my stomach swelled and I was in pain and by 4 weeks I had gained nearly 1st 7lb. I stopped taking them because I was experiencing severe pins and needles down the backs of my arms, my ...
I have slightly elevated liver enzymes and have also been diagnosed with a hiatal hernia. Just wondering if I should see a hepatologist? I had a liver biopsy during gallbladder surgery 2 years ago. I think I had a slightly fatty liver.
Suffering from hiatal hernia and spitting up blood only seen at night. Seen plenty of doctors but no real alleviation. On 40mg omeprazole and using wedge to sleep on at night hoping it will help. Also trying alkaline water as I've heard it helps and melatonin. Desperate for help.
I have a hh with a platelet count of 128 where 140-440 is normal. Imagine it's the beginning stage, but am also feeling weakness. I'm diabetic too. Live near Puebla, Mexico and need a recommendation for a reputable gastrologist.
Hi, Stress at work seems to have created insomnia, and its been six months without a really good nights sleep. My brain is fuzzy, my other major reaction is the pain like a hunger pain, a weakness and emptyness during the day after eating. Its like a hunger pin. My doctor has tried 5 or six ...