A study for a 45 year old woman who takes Neurontin - from FDA reports
16,969 females aged 45 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 45 year old female patient who has Neuralgia. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
16,969 females aged 45 (±5) who takes Neurontin are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 45
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Neuralgia
- Drugs taken:
- Neurontin (gabapentin)
- Side effects: Muscle Twitching, Aphasia
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Muscle Twitching: 60 (0.35% of females aged 45 (±5) who take the drug)
- Aphasia: 194 (1.14% of females aged 45 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Aphasia in Neuralgia: 48 (2.05% of females aged 45 (±5) who have Neuralgia)
- Muscle Twitching in Neuralgia: 17 (0.73% of females aged 45 (±5) who have Neuralgia)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Aphasia in Neurontin: 194 (2.27% of females aged 45 (±5) who take Neurontin)
- Muscle Twitching in Neurontin: 60 (0.7% of females aged 45 (±5) who take Neurontin)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (863 people, 5.09%)
- High Blood Pressure (790 people, 4.66%)
- Neuropathy Peripheral (614 people, 3.62%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (533 people, 3.14%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (497 people, 2.93%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Cymbalta (1,284 people, 7.57%)
- Xanax (1,120 people, 6.60%)
- Baclofen (1,061 people, 6.25%)
- Synthroid (986 people, 5.81%)
- Klonopin (971 people, 5.72%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (1,671 people, 9.85%)
- Fatigue (1,357 people, 8.00%)
- Drug Ineffective (1,277 people, 7.53%)
- Weakness (1,047 people, 6.17%)
- Dizziness (1,017 people, 5.99%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Neurontin has active ingredients of gabapentin. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Neurontin 81,179 users)
What are the conditions?
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves) can be treated by Gabapentin, Lyrica, Neurontin, Cymbalta, Amitriptyline hydrochloride (latest reports from 34,905 Neuralgia patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Muscle twitching has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure (latest reports from 16,546 Muscle twitching patients).
- Aphasia (damage to the parts of the brain that control language) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 46,670 Aphasia patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
It was a month ago that my doctor put me on Neurontin to deal with my nerve ending pain caused by multiple surgeries to my eye. Perhaps unrelated, I have an AI disease that is attacking my eyes (uveitis) and have had rather invasive surgeries to deal with its onslaught. I was told my last ...
Ive recently started taking suboxone 2mg twice a day. Since beginning the meds I have been experiencing muscle jerks or twitching. It seems to happen more when I'm laying down and almost asleep. When I jerk it startles me and I start again. It has started happening even when I'm not trying to ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi there, I was given Amoxicillin approximately 18 months ago for a tooth infection by my dentist. Within 12 hours I suffered a very bad reaction, throat and mouth extremely inflamed and felt like they were on fire. I ended up not speaking for 4 days as each time I tried I was in agony for ...
Hi, I am 23 and i have been taking seroquel for sleep for 4 or 5 months. I am having a hard time pronouncing words that I normal could pronounce easily, especially when it comes to suffix s. I also struggle with saying a coherent sentence, often my mind goes blank mid sentence or i do not ...
I was talking cinnamon and neuronin. I ended up having no neuronin in my system. I was in serious pain. I stopped taking the cinnamon and I have been feeling better. I had to start at the lowest dose. I was taking 800mg 3x a day. I am now taking 300mg 3x day. It's helping but it doesn't get rid ...