A study for a 62 year old man who takes Restasis - from FDA reports
6,061 males aged 62 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 62 year old male patient who has Dry Eye. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 18, 2017
6,061 males aged 62 (±5) who takes Restasis are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 62
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Dry Eye
- Drugs taken:
- Restasis (cyclosporine)
- Side effects: Cough, Gerd
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Cough: 102 (1.68% of males aged 62 (±5) who take the drug)
- Gerd: 16 (0.26% of males aged 62 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Cough in Dry Eye: 1 (0.32% of males aged 62 (±5) who have Dry Eye)
- Gerd in Dry Eye: 1 (0.32% of males aged 62 (±5) who have Dry Eye)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Cough in Restasis: 102 (1.68% of males aged 62 (±5) who take Restasis)
- Gerd in Restasis: 16 (0.26% of males aged 62 (±5) who take Restasis)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Kidney Transplant (1,018 people, 16.80%)
- Immunodeficiency Disorders (276 people, 4.55%)
- High Blood Pressure (269 people, 4.44%)
- Heart Transplant (263 people, 4.34%)
- Liver Transplant (244 people, 4.03%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prednisolone (997 people, 16.45%)
- Prednisone (822 people, 13.56%)
- Cellcept (785 people, 12.95%)
- Mycophenolate Mofetil (679 people, 11.20%)
- Azathioprine (454 people, 7.49%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fever (569 people, 9.39%)
- Blood Creatinine Increased (411 people, 6.78%)
- Renal Failure Acute (308 people, 5.08%)
- Cytomegalovirus Infection (299 people, 4.93%)
- Thrombocytopenia (292 people, 4.82%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Restasis has active ingredients of cyclosporine. It is often used in dry eyes. (latest outcomes from Restasis 14,008 users)
What are the conditions?
- Dry eye (lack of adequate tears) can be treated by Restasis, Fish oil, Flaxseed oil, Lotemax, Lutein (latest reports from 26,087 Dry eye patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Cough has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, pain (latest reports from 143,566 Cough patients).
- Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 139,882 Gerd patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have been taking a combination of medications for several disorders tha I suffer from. I am concerned because I have a friend with tardive dyskinesia which she believes she got from taking Xanax, and my great grandmother had it also, but I have no idea the medications she was on at that time. ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Looking for people to communicate with that are experiencing episodic coughing spells after taking casodex. The cough is severe and makes me so fatigue and causes my back to hurt. What are others doing for their coughs?
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
I started Xeloda in March, Before it I had a cough from flu and another chemo. It almost subsided. Now I cough every day it affected talking. In the mornings I coughed violently, non-stop till vomiting. Take different cough remedies but it does not help.
Just to say since taking Nortriptyline I have had severe acid reflux and indigestion I tried Nexium but I had to stop taking them because of side effects and when I did stop it became a nightmare with rebound acid reflux so I now take gaviscon double action chewable tablets. I took nortriptyline ...