A study for a 34 year old woman who takes Vimpat - from FDA reports
641 females aged 34 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 34 year old female patient who has Epilepsy. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 18, 2017
641 females aged 34 (±5) who takes Vimpat are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 34
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Epilepsy
- Drugs taken:
- Vimpat (lacosamide)
- Side effects: Migraine
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Migraine: 8 (1.25% of females aged 34 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Migraine in Epilepsy: 13 (0.38% of females aged 34 (±5) who have Epilepsy)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Migraine in Vimpat: 8 (1.25% of females aged 34 (±5) who take Vimpat)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Epilepsy (267 people, 41.65%)
- Seizures (92 people, 14.35%)
- Convulsion (87 people, 13.57%)
- Partial Seizures (31 people, 4.84%)
- Depression (23 people, 3.59%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Keppra (150 people, 23.40%)
- Topiramate (82 people, 12.79%)
- Lamictal (69 people, 10.76%)
- Phenytoin (57 people, 8.89%)
- Lamotrigine (50 people, 7.80%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Convulsion (124 people, 19.34%)
- Seizures (84 people, 13.10%)
- Diplopia (65 people, 10.14%)
- Dizziness (55 people, 8.58%)
- Balance Disorder (51 people, 7.96%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Vimpat has active ingredients of lacosamide. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Vimpat 6,862 users)
What are the conditions?
- Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures) can be treated by Lamictal, Keppra, Tegretol, Lamotrigine, Topamax (latest reports from 59,654 Epilepsy patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Migraine (headache) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, migraine, rheumatoid arthritis, birth control, depression (latest reports from 85,220 Migraine patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Hello, I need to know for people with epilepsy who take vimpat is it possible for the psychotic disorder to appear gradually? The person I am talking about is 31 and she is also in the period of depakine withdraw. I don t know if I should take her for psyhiatric treatement or try to reduce ...
On cyclosporine 75mg x 2 daily for 5 weeks, now have migraine going on for third day, usual pk I take for attack not touching it, any advice. Also migraine usually on left side temple, now it on right side temple and around eye?
You may be interested in these reviews
I have had headaches daily for the past 10 years and within the past 6 years they have gotten worse I have a migraine everyday! They tried Topomax which didn't work it made me lose excessive amounts of weight. The migraines rule my life. I don't have the option of not going to work so I battle ...
I was taking vimpat and had where my vision was blurry and was seeing double. After-that, I got where I couldn't stand up without falling down. It finally wore off after a few hours. I found it helped eating with it. The other day I had something like I never did before. I never blanked ...
After 1 week on atenolo I started feeling bad. After 3 weeks I thought I was going to pass out and was nauseous and lightheaded. I stopped taking the atenolol and ended up in emergency with bp of 180/115 and terrible symptoms like tight chest, anxiety, internal shaking, massive nausea, ...