A study for a 2 year old boy who takes Prednisone - from FDA reports
1,326 males aged 2 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 2 year old male patient who has Serum Sickness-Like Reaction. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 18, 2017
1,326 males aged 2 (±5) who takes Prednisone are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 2
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Serum Sickness-Like Reaction
- Drugs taken:
- Prednisone (prednisone)
- Side effects: Hives
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Hives: 0 (0% of males aged 2 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hives in Serum Sickness-Like Reaction: 0 (0% of males aged 2 (±5) who have Serum Sickness-Like Reaction)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Hives in Prednisone: 0 (0% of males aged 2 (±5) who take Prednisone)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (all) (85 people, 6.41%)
- Asthma (54 people, 4.07%)
- Fever (40 people, 3.02%)
- Burkitt's Lymphoma (34 people, 2.56%)
- Crohn's Disease (31 people, 2.34%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Methotrexate (255 people, 19.23%)
- Cyclophosphamide (144 people, 10.86%)
- Cytarabine (98 people, 7.39%)
- Bactrim (82 people, 6.18%)
- Vincristine Sulfate (77 people, 5.81%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fever (152 people, 11.46%)
- Pneumonia (71 people, 5.35%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (66 people, 4.98%)
- Drug Ineffective (66 people, 4.98%)
- Diarrhea (56 people, 4.22%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Prednisone has active ingredients of prednisone. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Prednisone 246,223 users)
What are the conditions?
- Serum sickness-like reaction (latest reports from 204 Serum sickness-like reaction patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Hives has been reported by people with the flu, sore throat, common cold, frequent or urgent urination, essential hypertension (latest reports from 1,019 Hives patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
My vision isn't the best to begin with but it seems like since I got on prednisone and lialda its gotten so much worse. Everything is so fuzzy. I cannot see anything. Should I consider switching medications?
I'm taking 3 steroids a day plus 200mg tegretol a day over a week now I feel upset trouble to move my kefs an plenty spasm starting chemotherapy Wednesday will these symptoms ware off an do I stop take the tegretol when I start the chemotherapy
You may be interested in these reviews
In April 2017, I developed blood clots in my left leg which was discovered after I had been diagnosed with multiple pulmonary embolisms. I was encouraged by my Rheumatologist to take prednisone to decrease the pain & imflammation I was experiencing from spinal stenosis last Oct. 2016. I had had ...
Hi I was already using garcinia Cambogia and was then diagnosed with an auto immune disease that required me to take 50mg to start of prednisone or go blind. I will be gradually tapering my dosage to 20mgs in the next two mths. I'don't stopped taking garcinia for two weeks and I look like a ...
Good morning, my brother who has myasthenia gravis takes Prednisone 40 mg (decreased from 60mg) has tried plasmapheresis, IVIG. 40 mg dose is keeping MG under control, however he is now suffering from fractures in his spine. Can someone please tell me how to help my brother ? What did you to to ...
HELLO MY NAME IS DIANE I HAVE BEEN ON PREDNISILONE FOR OVER 43 YRS TAKING IT EVERYDAY NONE STOP I DID NOT KNOW TILL RECENTLY THAT HAVING THE STERIODS LIKE THIS WOULD HAVE A GREAT IMPACT ON MY LIFE TODAY I STARTED BLACK COHOSH TO SEE IF IT WILL HELP ME WITH LOW MOOD IN MYSELF.....I WAS IN A ...