A study for a 87 year old woman who takes Sterane - from FDA reports
2,171 females aged 87 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 87 year old female patient who has Polymyalgia. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 22, 2017
2,171 females aged 87 (±5) who takes Sterane are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 87
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Polymyalgia
- Drugs taken:
- Sterane (prednisolone)
- Side effects: Short-Term Memory Loss
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Short-Term Memory Loss: 0 (0% of females aged 87 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Short-Term Memory Loss in Polymyalgia: 0 (0% of females aged 87 (±5) who have Polymyalgia)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Short-Term Memory Loss in Sterane: 0 (0% of females aged 87 (±5) who take Sterane)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (449 people, 20.68%)
- High Blood Pressure (212 people, 9.77%)
- Osteoporosis (205 people, 9.44%)
- Pain (95 people, 4.38%)
- Preventive Health Care (92 people, 4.24%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Omeprazole (190 people, 8.75%)
- Furosemide (180 people, 8.29%)
- Methotrexate (176 people, 8.11%)
- Aspirin (152 people, 7.00%)
- Lansoprazole (143 people, 6.59%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pneumonia (119 people, 5.48%)
- Fever (95 people, 4.38%)
- Breathing Difficulty (87 people, 4.01%)
- Sepsis (85 people, 3.92%)
- Fall (84 people, 3.87%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Sterane has active ingredients of prednisolone. (latest outcomes from Sterane 113 users)
What are the conditions?
- Polymyalgia (pain in many muscles) can be treated by Prednisone, Prednisolone (latest reports from 259 Polymyalgia patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Short-term memory loss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 112,641 Short-term memory loss patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have been on xyrem since Nov 2016. I know it causes me to have anxiety, but I'm really concerned about memory loss. I feel so much better with the sleep I am getting now, but memory loss is a big problem. I notice it is much worse when I am stressed or worried. I am new to the group nd would ...
I am suffering from short term memory loss after taking the antibiotic Bactrim. When I tell my doctor about the systems they tell me I do not know what I am talking about. As anyone had the same happen?
Basically I am wanting to know if my suspicions are correct. Does Lamotrigine affect your brain and give one symptoms of dementia? If that is true then I can reverse those symptoms of dementia by not taking the drug lamotrigine. Also the other brain foods which help the brain will reverse ...
I am going to come off this awful inhaler, I have never felt so rough in all my days. Whilst it was great when asthma was severe, as a controller, it stopped my symptoms and I could breathe but now I think it is rubbish. I am feeling terrible. I get tight chested, and feel out of it and really ...
Hi took Lipitor for 4 weeks and my partner lost his memory 12 months ago. It has improved but he has developed masked facies and still has memory problems and behaviour problems. Has anyone had this type of experience from Lipitor? thanks
You may be interested in these reviews
I am 65, a female and on 30 mg of Cymbalta. Started with 20 mg in March. Feel like I have trouble concentrating and short term memory loss which I did not have before. Very frightening since I have two older siblings with dementia.
Was on 1/8 th ambien and 25 mg trazadone for about 2 months, now my memory is getting real bad! I am 72 yrs old. Would like to know if it will get better? Have only been off of it for 3 days Thank you so much Kathy
Hi...I have been on Amlodopine for about 4 years and recently started forgetting what I was thinking about a second ago...kid you not...I feel like my short term memory is loss...I will start to do a task and forget what I waned to do...or I will grab my phone to look up infomation and for get ...