A study for a 67 year old woman who takes Carvedilol - from FDA reports
7,494 females aged 67 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 67 year old female patient who has Open Angle Glaucoma. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 18, 2017
7,494 females aged 67 (±5) who takes Carvedilol are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 67
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Open Angle Glaucoma
- Drugs taken:
- Carvedilol (carvedilol)
- Side effects: Chronic Glaucoma
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Chronic Glaucoma: 13 (0.17% of females aged 67 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Chronic Glaucoma in Open Angle Glaucoma: 103 (3.62% of females aged 67 (±5) who have Open Angle Glaucoma)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Chronic Glaucoma in Carvedilol: 13 (0.17% of females aged 67 (±5) who take Carvedilol)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (1,327 people, 17.71%)
- Diabetes (682 people, 9.10%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (664 people, 8.86%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (481 people, 6.42%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (448 people, 5.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (1,296 people, 17.29%)
- Aspirin (1,032 people, 13.77%)
- Lisinopril (771 people, 10.29%)
- Plavix (759 people, 10.13%)
- Furosemide (737 people, 9.83%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (635 people, 8.47%)
- Fatigue (630 people, 8.41%)
- Nausea (611 people, 8.15%)
- Weakness (521 people, 6.95%)
- Pain (500 people, 6.67%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Carvedilol has active ingredients of carvedilol. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Carvedilol 41,750 users)
What are the conditions?
- Open angle glaucoma (an eye disease that gradually steals vision) can be treated by Xalatan, Lumigan, Timolol maleate, Latanoprost, Travatan z (latest reports from 31,178 Open angle glaucoma patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Chronic glaucoma (long lasting damage to eye leads vision loss) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, glaucoma, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 31,175 Chronic glaucoma patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have been on Xalatan and Asopt for over 10 yrs. I recently changed doctors and he stopped all drops 2 months ago. Within 5 days I developed severe headaches 3-4 days per wk. I have never suffered from headaches previously. My pressures are remaining in the low to mid 20s and he claims it has ...
These are just the drugs I am taking, most to do with the chemo. The Dorzolamind and Latanoprost are eye drops. I usually just take a few Lysine to keep my herpes under control when I feel an outbreak coming on. Has worked for years. And only one recent outbreak before this recent one with ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi, just recently started taking losartan 50mg. Worked great 45 days in then the bottom fell out. Dr. added Carvedilol 6.25mg 2 tablets per day. 2 days in my BP shot to 220/110. In ER! Dehydrated! Bloodwork before and after a bag of saline via IV. Kidneys fine! Now on losartan 50mg in ...
I have taken coreg about a year...on lowest dose It still kept my heart rate in 50s my cervical ,shoulder and head pain increased to unbearable. I went into Afib with rate regulater my heart rate was way too low and I quit taking it..my neck is better and getting better every day
I have been on 25mg carvedilol Twice a day for 5 years. For heart failure likely as result of chemo drug. I had a first time episode of gout a few days ago. Saw my Dr today and am starting on allopurin 10omg 1x /day for one week, then 200 mg 1x /day for 2,weeks and then 300mg 1x/ day Just ...
I have been taking Corig 25mg twice daily for 6 months and find my arms and legs very dry. My arms from the wrist to elbow are no longer soft to the touch and my legs fleck and shed. Very hard of my ego. Any ideas if lotion fish oil would be a good idea.