A study for a 49 year old woman who takes Prozac, Plaquenil, Synthroid - from FDA reports
40 females aged 49 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 49 year old female patient who has Depression, Ra, Thyroid. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 18, 2017
40 females aged 49 (±5) who takes Prozac, Plaquenil, Synthroid are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 49
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Depression, Ra, Thyroid
- Drugs taken:
- Prozac (fluoxetine hydrochloride)
- Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine sulfate)
- Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium)
- Drug interactions: Metallic Taste
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Metallic Taste: 0 (0% of females aged 49 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Metallic Taste in Depression: 226 (0.87% of females aged 49 (±5) who have Depression)
- Metallic Taste in Ra: 188 (0.29% of females aged 49 (±5) who have Ra)
- Metallic Taste in Thyroid: 25 (1.05% of females aged 49 (±5) who have Thyroid)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Metallic Taste in Prozac: 119 (0.91% of females aged 49 (±5) who take Prozac)
- Metallic Taste in Plaquenil: 43 (0.58% of females aged 49 (±5) who take Plaquenil)
- Metallic Taste in Synthroid: 337 (1.04% of females aged 49 (±5) who take Synthroid)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (14 people, 35.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (6 people, 15.00%)
- Pain (4 people, 10.00%)
- Hypersensitivity (4 people, 10.00%)
- Depression (4 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prednisone (10 people, 25.00%)
- Humira (10 people, 25.00%)
- Neurontin (8 people, 20.00%)
- Methotrexate (8 people, 20.00%)
- Enbrel (6 people, 15.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (7 people, 17.50%)
- Headache (7 people, 17.50%)
- Diarrhea (6 people, 15.00%)
- Chest Pain (6 people, 15.00%)
- Joint Pain (5 people, 12.50%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Prozac has active ingredients of fluoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Prozac 59,614 users)
- Plaquenil has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in systemic lupus erythematosus. (latest outcomes from Plaquenil 31,546 users)
- Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Synthroid 145,886 users)
What are the conditions?
- Depression can be treated by Zoloft, Cymbalta, Prozac, Lexapro, Wellbutrin xl (latest reports from 382,313 Depression patients)
- Ra (rheumatoid arthritis) can be treated by Methotrexate, Enbrel, Methotrexate sodium, Prednisone, Humira (latest reports from 481,047 Ra patients)
- Thyroid can be treated by Levothyroxine sodium, Synthroid, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine thyroid, Levothroid (latest reports from 33,614 Thyroid patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Metallic taste (a bad taste in the mouth) has been reported by people with insomnia, hepatitis c, high blood pressure (latest reports from 43,425 Metallic taste patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
- Prozac and Plaquenil drug interaction
- Prozac and Synthroid drug interaction
- Plaquenil and Synthroid drug interaction
Can you answer these questions?
I had cough, runny nose and slight fever a week back. So after 2 days I took Benadryl. One day after taking Benadryl I noticed loss of smell and most of the taste (can't notice much other than sweet......I don't notice even very spicy food now.) Since 3 days I am trying steam, salt water ...
I have been taking 300mg of Invokana for less than a month but I have experienced a loss of taste. Mostly, my ability to taste sweet is gone leaving me only with salty or savory but it's also diminished. I can no longer drink any kind of diet soda as it just tastes like chemicals to me. Is ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Hello, How is everyone doing? Im new to the group cause im looking to find some answers because ive yet to find, Ive been dealing with some type of adrenal insufficiency for several years now and cant seem to get healthy know matter what i try, Ive done the vitamins, glandulars, and even ...
Hi my name is Sheri i am a new member here and would like to introduce myself.i am 49 and have RA .i am currently diagnosed and started 300 mg of plaquinil. And now am having a horrible metallic taste in my mouth....Does anybody else experience this and is it normal.Does it go away. Does anyone ...
New to the group and have been going nuts trying to figure out why I had lost my sense of taste. A few months ago my pain management doc recommended it and it helps me get to sleep. I did a Google search on it and loss of taste, and boom! How long from when I stop taking it until my sense of ...
Need help with a issue, I have been on Omeprazole for several years, I was changed over to the generic due to insurance purposes, but recently I have been taking it and have experienced this HORRIBLE metallic taste in my mouth , any suggestions and will it go away?
I have been taking omeprazole for almost 6 years, in the last 3 years, I was changed to Esomeprazole and not had a problem at all , then just recently I have developed this AWFUL metallic taste, any ideas or information from others would be appreciated :)