A study for a 19 year old girl who takes Nexplanon - from FDA reports
8,144 females aged 19 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 19 year old female patient who has Contraception. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 18, 2017
8,144 females aged 19 (±5) who takes Nexplanon are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 19
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Contraception
- Drugs taken:
- Nexplanon (etonogestrel)
- Side effects: Menstrual Cycle Prolonged, Painful Sexual Intercourse
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Menstrual Cycle Prolonged: 0 (0% of females aged 19 (±5) who take the drug)
- Painful Sexual Intercourse: 13 (0.16% of females aged 19 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Menstrual Cycle Prolonged in Contraception: 1 (0% of females aged 19 (±5) who have Contraception)
- Painful Sexual Intercourse in Contraception: 469 (1.24% of females aged 19 (±5) who have Contraception)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Menstrual Cycle Prolonged in Nexplanon: 0 (0% of females aged 19 (±5) who take Nexplanon)
- Painful Sexual Intercourse in Nexplanon: 13 (0.16% of females aged 19 (±5) who take Nexplanon)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Birth Control (6,054 people, 74.34%)
- Menstrual Cycle Management (75 people, 0.92%)
- Seasonal Allergy (59 people, 0.72%)
- Epilepsy (49 people, 0.60%)
- Bipolar Disorder (40 people, 0.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Abilify (68 people, 0.83%)
- Lamotrigine (60 people, 0.74%)
- Zoloft (50 people, 0.61%)
- Lamictal (41 people, 0.50%)
- Tylenol (38 people, 0.47%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding (802 people, 9.85%)
- Medical Device Complication (605 people, 7.43%)
- Implant Site Pain (556 people, 6.83%)
- Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods (537 people, 6.59%)
- Amenorrhea (508 people, 6.24%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Nexplanon has active ingredients of etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Nexplanon 17,042 users)
What are the conditions?
- Contraception can be treated by Mirena, Yaz, Depo-provera, Nuvaring, Yasmin (latest reports from 181,950 Contraception patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Menstrual cycle prolonged (long menstrual cycle) has been reported by people with birth control, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure, pain, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (latest reports from 117 Menstrual cycle prolonged patients).
- Painful sexual intercourse has been reported by people with birth control, osteoporosis, heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding, depression, pain (latest reports from 3,948 Painful sexual intercourse patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Attempting to decide whether or not to have the implant removed. It's caused more personal strife than good, and I would like to know if there are any known cases of similar symptoms. Because vein issues are a prominent symtom, hemorrhoids don't seem very far from the mark.
You may be interested in these reviews
Lexapro has helped me a lot until I got the naxaplon. I had every side effect of the lexapro. I had felt 10x worst. I never had an issue with lexapro. The Doctor wld prescribe lexapro for a short while, then take me off. All depending on my psychological mood. After being off the pill for a ...
I'm 17 and about to graduate highschool, and i have been on Nexplaton for a year now. After I started getting mood swings from it a month ago my OBGYN decided it would be a good idea to put me on Sprintec (the pill) to counteract it.... but after two weeks on that I started getting severely ...
I stared nexplanon on 3/16/17 and yesterday 3/17/17 I woke up with a rash on my checks I just wonder if this is a side effect of this birth control? I went to the emergency room they told me is dermatitis...