A study for a 49 year old man who takes Paxil, Flecainide Acetate - from FDA reports
3 males aged 49 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 49 year old male patient who has Depression, Svt. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 18, 2017
3 males aged 49 (±5) who takes Paxil, Flecainide Acetate are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 49
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Depression, Svt
- Drugs taken:
- Paxil (paroxetine hydrochloride)
- Flecainide Acetate (flecainide acetate)
- Drug interactions: Dysphagia
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Dysphagia: 0 (0% of males aged 49 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dysphagia in Depression: 103 (0.95% of males aged 49 (±5) who have Depression)
- Dysphagia in Svt: 0 (0% of males aged 49 (±5) who have Svt)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Dysphagia in Paxil: 61 (1.22% of males aged 49 (±5) who take Paxil)
- Dysphagia in Flecainide Acetate: 1 (0.37% of males aged 49 (±5) who take Flecainide Acetate)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (1 person, 33.33%)
- Heart Rate Irregular (1 person, 33.33%)
- Gastric Ulcer (1 person, 33.33%)
- Diuretic Therapy (1 person, 33.33%)
- Blood Pressure Management (1 person, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xarelto (1 person, 33.33%)
- Potassium (1 person, 33.33%)
- Plavix (1 person, 33.33%)
- Flaxseed (1 person, 33.33%)
- Equanil (1 person, 33.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rhabdomyolysis (1 person, 33.33%)
- Muscle Aches (1 person, 33.33%)
- Gastric Ulcer (1 person, 33.33%)
- Embolic Stroke (1 person, 33.33%)
- Blood Sodium Decreased (1 person, 33.33%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Paxil has active ingredients of paroxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from Paxil 81,443 users)
- Flecainide acetate has active ingredients of flecainide acetate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Flecainide acetate 4,374 users)
What are the conditions?
- Depression can be treated by Zoloft, Cymbalta, Prozac, Lexapro, Wellbutrin xl (latest reports from 382,687 Depression patients)
- Svt can be treated by Atenolol, Metoprolol tartrate, Toprol-xl, Metoprolol succinate, Verapamil hydrochloride (latest reports from 10,523 Svt patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, pain, depression (latest reports from 57,505 Dysphagia patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Three weeks after starting Flecainide developed severe upper abdominal pain with violent vomiting about every 3 to 4 months and recently once a mont for the last 3 months. Have been hospitalized for this symptom resulting with 3 CAT scans and several abdominal exray. Each time nothing wrong ...
Hi – I may be barking up the wrong tree and apologies', if this is not the correct place to post this. I work in the food industry and have (for the last 20 years) had micro-biological swabbing (for Strep etc) done on a bi-monthly basis. I have since November being taking Flecainide. In ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I have been taking Paxil for years now (at least ten) and have lost a great deal of hair particularly on the crown and back of my head and up through the top. I used to have dense wavy/curly hair and now it very sparse. Has anyone had a similar experience and reversed their hair loss by ...
My name is Geraldine. I have afib and have been on Multaq 400 mg 2x a day for about 2 years. Recently my son passed away and I have been having a tough time dealing with his passing. I'm going through a mild depression. My Doctor is putting me on Paxil 10 mg once a day to take the edge off. I'm ...
I have taken Flecanide Acetate 50 mg twice a day about a year and a half ago. discontinued 1 month in as thought it might be causing dizziness. Now just started Flecanide today 50mg twice a day and take metoprolol succ ER 25 mg in morning and 12.5 in evening. Nervous about the combination of ...