A study for a 45 year old woman who takes Farxiga - from FDA reports
159 females aged 45 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 45 year old female patient who has Type 2 Diabetes. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 18, 2017
159 females aged 45 (±5) who takes Farxiga are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 45
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Type 2 Diabetes
- Drugs taken:
- Farxiga (dapagliflozin)
- Side effects: Joint Aches
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Joint Aches: 2 (1.26% of females aged 45 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Joint Aches in Type 2 Diabetes: 77 (0.92% of females aged 45 (±5) who have Type 2 Diabetes)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Joint Aches in Farxiga: 2 (1.26% of females aged 45 (±5) who take Farxiga)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Type 2 Diabetes (78 people, 49.06%)
- Diabetes (13 people, 8.18%)
- High Blood Pressure (9 people, 5.66%)
- Weight Decreased (6 people, 3.77%)
- Stress And Anxiety (5 people, 3.14%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Metformin (51 people, 32.08%)
- Bydureon (16 people, 10.06%)
- Lantus (15 people, 9.43%)
- Insulin (9 people, 5.66%)
- Byetta (9 people, 5.66%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fungal Infection (17 people, 10.69%)
- Nausea (14 people, 8.81%)
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis (12 people, 7.55%)
- Dizziness (11 people, 6.92%)
- Rashes (10 people, 6.29%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Farxiga has active ingredients of dapagliflozin. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Farxiga 3,025 users)
What are the conditions?
- Type 2 diabetes can be treated by Metformin hydrochloride, Metformin, Januvia, Glipizide, Victoza (latest reports from 192,872 Type 2 diabetes patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Joint aches (joint pain) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, psoriatic arthropathy, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 221,726 Joint aches patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have been on Farxiga since 12/16 and since then my cholesterol and triglycerides have gone up significantly without any change to my diet. I also run 3x a week about 4/5 miles eat sensibly nothing has changed but my numbers on tryglicerides and cholesterol. I read that Farxiga causes these ...
I started taking Topamax (topiramate) a couple months ago. I started experiencing a lot of joint and muscle pain. Ibuprofen and Aleve don't help. Thinking the pain might be related to the Topamax, my doctor recommended I stop taking it, saying- we will know if the drug is causing it if side ...
Hi, I just had my medical checkup and the report shown that my T-score @ -4. I took Fosamax as per instruction once a week. Everything just happens at second week after consumed Fosamax. That time I felt chest pain / chest burn and I stop taking Fosamax plus. 2 days later all my joints ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Ive been taking Doxylamine, Kirkland brand, for about a year. The last few months Iv'e had pain in my right hip and left shoulder. It's recently gotten much worse. I now have pain my neck, both shoulders, both knees and in my big toe of my left foot. Could this be a side effect of Doxylamine?
I have been taking Elmiron for 3 weeks now and I have such severe joint /muscle pain. I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia long before IC but never in my life felt like this. The pain is head to toe.
Hi Guys, I am a 52 year old male from South Africa, very active mountain biker. Always been very healthy , just some old rugby injuries , but manageable. Since my blood sugar started going crazy after I was put on Wellbrutin by a Psychiatrist another Dr put me on Janumet but was unable to ...