A study for a 28 year old man who takes Accutane - from FDA reports
1,985 males aged 28 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 28 year old male patient who has Acne. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 18, 2017
1,985 males aged 28 (±5) who takes Accutane are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 28
- Gender: male
- Conditions: Acne
- Drugs taken:
- Accutane (isotretinoin)
- Side effects: Gynecomastia
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Gynecomastia: 0 (0% of males aged 28 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Gynecomastia in Acne: 0 (0% of males aged 28 (±5) who have Acne)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Gynecomastia in Accutane: 0 (0% of males aged 28 (±5) who take Accutane)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Acne (1,055 people, 53.15%)
- Acne Cystic (96 people, 4.84%)
- Headache (27 people, 1.36%)
- Stress And Anxiety (16 people, 0.81%)
- Migraine (15 people, 0.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Erythromycin (40 people, 2.02%)
- Prednisone (39 people, 1.96%)
- Minocin (39 people, 1.96%)
- Retin-A (37 people, 1.86%)
- Ibuprofen (36 people, 1.81%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (1,005 people, 50.63%)
- Ulcerative Colitis (843 people, 42.47%)
- Depression (642 people, 32.34%)
- Crohn's Disease (626 people, 31.54%)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (414 people, 20.86%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Accutane has active ingredients of isotretinoin. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Accutane 31,084 users)
What are the conditions?
- Acne (skin problems that cause pimples) can be treated by Accutane, Spironolactone, Minocycline hydrochloride, Doxycycline hyclate, Doxycycline (latest reports from 46,700 Acne patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Gynecomastia (enlargement of the gland tissue of the male breast) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, depression, enlarged prostate, high blood pressure, bipolar ii disorder (latest reports from 104 Gynecomastia patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
My question for you guys is did any of you get Interstitial Cystitis/Painful Bladder Syndrome from taking Accutane you think? I took Accutane when I was in high school, and the dermatologist told me that, "They don't know the long term side effects yet". But, I was a teen, I thought I was ...
breast are seemng to swell and am concerned about this. been on concerta for 1 year and is only a 7 year old ADHD W/HYPERATCTICITY, ODD, OCD, IMPULSE DISORDERS AND MIGRAINES ALONG WITH LOOSING VISION IN RIGHT EYE I AM CONCERNED THAT THESE ARE SIDE EFFECTS
My daughter started itching at night time 1 month before she completed course if Accutane. The itching became worse and now 6 months later it is constant. Prescribed medication from doctor has not worked. Has anyone had same experience ?
You may be interested in these reviews
I was on Accutane treatment in summer of 1994. It is 2017 and I have pterygium in both eyes. I am not able to read with my right eye. This eye is beyond help despite a surgery in ca. 2010 to remove the tissue growth. My right eye changed shape as a consequence of inflammation, healing and ...
My teenage daughter was one a 6 month program for Accutane She stopped the medicine in March 2016 and was diagnosed with Costochondritis in April 2016. A year later it's still giving her problems where it sometimes prevents her from sports. She's been checked out top to bottom and is healthy. ...