A study for a 22 year old woman who takes Humira, Nuvaring - from FDA reports
77 females aged 22 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 22 year old female patient who has Crohn's Disease, Birth Control. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 18, 2017
77 females aged 22 (±5) who takes Humira, Nuvaring are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 22
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Crohn's Disease, Birth Control
- Drugs taken:
- Humira (adalimumab)
- Nuvaring (ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel)
- Drug interactions: Breast Engorgement
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Breast Engorgement: 0 (0% of females aged 22 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Breast Engorgement in Crohn's Disease: 0 (0% of females aged 22 (±5) who have Crohn's Disease)
- Breast Engorgement in Birth Control: 15 (0.03% of females aged 22 (±5) who have Birth Control)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Breast Engorgement in Humira: 0 (0% of females aged 22 (±5) who take Humira)
- Breast Engorgement in Nuvaring: 0 (0% of females aged 22 (±5) who take Nuvaring)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Birth Control (48 people, 62.34%)
- Crohn's Disease (43 people, 55.84%)
- Psoriasis (12 people, 15.58%)
- Ulcerative Colitis (10 people, 12.99%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (5 people, 6.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Multivitamin (7 people, 9.09%)
- Prednisone (6 people, 7.79%)
- Bentyl (6 people, 7.79%)
- Tramadol (5 people, 6.49%)
- Lexapro (4 people, 5.19%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Injection Site Pain (19 people, 24.68%)
- Diarrhea (10 people, 12.99%)
- Crohn's Disease (8 people, 10.39%)
- Injection Site Erythema (6 people, 7.79%)
- Fatigue (6 people, 7.79%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Humira has active ingredients of adalimumab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. (latest outcomes from Humira 374,625 users)
- Nuvaring has active ingredients of ethinyl estradiol; etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Nuvaring 22,741 users)
What are the conditions?
- Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract) can be treated by Humira, Remicade, Pentasa, Prednisone, Azathioprine (latest reports from 163,279 Crohn's disease patients)
- Birth control can be treated by Mirena, Yaz, Depo-provera, Nuvaring, Yasmin (latest reports from 181,946 Birth control patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Breast engorgement (swelling of the breast) has been reported by people with birth control, depression, epilepsy, schizophrenia, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 545 Breast engorgement patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
Hello, anyone out there? I suffer from vasomotor rhinitis since some years, and I fear that it was caused by replacing Leios by Nuvaring. Now I quit using Nuvaring. Does anyone have experience, if my sniffing nose will calm down?
I have been taking Humira for three years. I am now experiencing gout and tendinitis. I do not eat any of the foods that normally cause gout or drink alcohol often. Anyone else experiencing this with Humira
You may be interested in these reviews
My last Humira injection was 4/19/17. This was the 3rd injection after the starter dose(s). I actually experienced severe leg pain in the back of both legs after the 2nd dose of 2 injections. I challenged the medication and the pain decreased considerably. However, after the 2nd single injection ...
Just noticed pain in right jaw. At first I'm thinking it's tooth issue. But I just went to the dentist a few weeks back and I was fine. And X-rays were taken. So I may or may not rule this out. I don't think I have root canal symptoms but also never had one. Then I thought what else could it be ...
I have been on humira for 10 years. Last summer is when I noticed lupus like symptoms, I had skin rash extreme muscle pain and of course inflamed joints. The final straw started feb 2017 I started to notice alarming hair loss. I have stopped the humira and will see what is next for my ra ...
I hope I am not the only person to address this issue. I think that Humira reduces the body's ability to clean up mutated cells which result in CML. I don't think Humira causes CML. Anyone with a history of anemia, bone pain and night sweats should consider having a biopsy done to see if there ...