A study for a 23 year old woman who takes Implanon - from FDA reports
9,068 females aged 23 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 23 year old female patient who has Birth Control. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 18, 2017
9,068 females aged 23 (±5) who takes Implanon are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 23
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Birth Control
- Drugs taken:
- Implanon (etonogestrel)
- Side effects: Hot Flashes, Birth Control, Severe Abdominal Cramps, Nausea
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Hot Flashes: 41 (0.45% of females aged 23 (±5) who take the drug)
- Birth Control, Severe Abdominal Cramps: 0 (0% of females aged 23 (±5) who take the drug)
- Nausea: 388 (4.28% of females aged 23 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Birth Control, Severe Abdominal Cramps in Birth Control: 0 (0% of females aged 23 (±5) who have Birth Control)
- Hot Flashes in Birth Control: 174 (0.31% of females aged 23 (±5) who have Birth Control)
- Nausea in Birth Control: 3,338 (5.98% of females aged 23 (±5) who have Birth Control)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Birth Control, Severe Abdominal Cramps in Implanon: 0 (0% of females aged 23 (±5) who take Implanon)
- Hot Flashes in Implanon: 41 (0.45% of females aged 23 (±5) who take Implanon)
- Nausea in Implanon: 388 (4.28% of females aged 23 (±5) who take Implanon)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Birth Control (6,650 people, 73.33%)
- Menstrual Cycle Management (58 people, 0.64%)
- Epilepsy (55 people, 0.61%)
- Crohn's Disease (42 people, 0.46%)
- Depression (37 people, 0.41%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lamotrigine (62 people, 0.68%)
- Zoloft (61 people, 0.67%)
- Tylenol (48 people, 0.53%)
- Zyrtec (44 people, 0.49%)
- Xanax (42 people, 0.46%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding (816 people, 9.00%)
- Medical Device Complication (746 people, 8.23%)
- Implant Site Pain (586 people, 6.46%)
- Weight Increased (550 people, 6.07%)
- Amenorrhea (548 people, 6.04%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Implanon has active ingredients of etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Implanon 9,675 users)
What are the conditions?
- Birth control can be treated by Mirena, Yaz, Depo-provera, Nuvaring, Yasmin (latest reports from 181,946 Birth control patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Hot flashes has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, prostate cancer, endometriosis, breast cancer, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 37,588 Hot flashes patients).
- Birth control, severe abdominal cramps (latest reports from 14 Birth control, severe abdominal cramps patients).
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 456,359 Nausea patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I took the pill right after unprotected sex this was on September 8 i took the pill on the 9th , 2 weeks later i had some sort of spotting 3 days before my period and it lasted only 4 days light flow my period is always heavy i dont know if i should consider that a period i took 4 pregnancy ...
I'm a male that is almost 73 years old. I've been on Ambien for almost three months. About 20 days ago I started experiencing feeling hot in the head and shoulders. At first these hot feelings would start in the middle of the afternoon and end in the early evening. But now they sometimes start ...
hi, I had side effects from Depo, so my Gyne' told me to go onto Nordette. I'm experiencing symptoms of early menopause, (I'm turning 40 this year) ... can I use pills for menopause (Femular) together with the Nordette ?
You may be interested in these reviews
After 1 week on atenolo I started feeling bad. After 3 weeks I thought I was going to pass out and was nauseous and lightheaded. I stopped taking the atenolol and ended up in emergency with bp of 180/115 and terrible symptoms like tight chest, anxiety, internal shaking, massive nausea, ...
I've been on Brilinta since 11/25/16 and have limited LAD distribution myocardial infarction and a low EF. Hot flashes have been a part of my life for years and are only worse now. Shortness of breath is also an issue making exercise and physical recovery difficult.
Hello I have had myasthenia gravis since I was hit by lightning in 1997 but I was not diagnosed the condition until 1999 shortly after I had a thymectomy done. I took mestinon for many years afterwards until the mestinon quit working. Ever sense the onset of myasthenia gravis I have had hot ...
I just found out a few weeks ago, that I have severe chronic interstitial lung diasese. Peter to that, for months I was nauseous , super tired & glued to my bed. Well the nausea has got worst & I need someone's help. Thanks Don