A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Cytomel, Synthroid - from FDA reports
278 females aged 37 (±5) who take the same drugs are studied. This is a personalized study for a 37 year old female patient who has Hypothyroid. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 19, 2017
278 females aged 37 (±5) who takes Cytomel, Synthroid are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 37
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Hypothyroid
- Drugs taken:
- Cytomel (liothyronine sodium)
- Synthroid (levothyroxine sodium)
- Drug interactions: Bad Breath, Metallic Taste, Dry Mouth
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Bad Breath: 0 (0% of females aged 37 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Metallic Taste: 5 (1.8% of females aged 37 (±5) who take the drugs)
- Dry Mouth: 5 (1.8% of females aged 37 (±5) who take the drugs)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Bad Breath in Hypothyroid: 0 (0% of females aged 37 (±5) who have Hypothyroid)
- Dry Mouth in Hypothyroid: 18 (0.53% of females aged 37 (±5) who have Hypothyroid)
- Metallic Taste in Hypothyroid: 22 (0.64% of females aged 37 (±5) who have Hypothyroid)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Bad Breath in Cytomel: 0 (0% of females aged 37 (±5) who take Cytomel)
- Bad Breath in Synthroid: 14 (0.1% of females aged 37 (±5) who take Synthroid)
- Dry Mouth in Cytomel: 6 (1.34% of females aged 37 (±5) who take Cytomel)
- Dry Mouth in Synthroid: 122 (0.86% of females aged 37 (±5) who take Synthroid)
- Metallic Taste in Cytomel: 5 (1.12% of females aged 37 (±5) who take Cytomel)
- Metallic Taste in Synthroid: 97 (0.69% of females aged 37 (±5) who take Synthroid)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hypothyroidism (64 people, 23.02%)
- Chronic Thyroiditis (22 people, 7.91%)
- Narcolepsy (19 people, 6.83%)
- Thyroid Diseases (17 people, 6.12%)
- Birth Control (14 people, 5.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Yasmin (24 people, 8.63%)
- Yaz (21 people, 7.55%)
- Xyrem (19 people, 6.83%)
- Lexapro (18 people, 6.47%)
- Ambien (16 people, 5.76%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (32 people, 11.51%)
- Nausea (30 people, 10.79%)
- Headache (27 people, 9.71%)
- Stress And Anxiety (21 people, 7.55%)
- Drug Ineffective (20 people, 7.19%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Cytomel has active ingredients of liothyronine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Cytomel 4,283 users)
- Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Synthroid 145,886 users)
What are the conditions?
- Hypothyroid can be treated by Synthroid, Levothyroxine sodium, Levoxyl, Levothyroxine thyroid, Levothroid (latest reports from 82,836 Hypothyroid patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Bad breath has been reported by people with metastases to bone, osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, breast cancer, high blood pressure (latest reports from 2,485 Bad breath patients).
- Metallic taste (a bad taste in the mouth) has been reported by people with insomnia, hepatitis c, high blood pressure (latest reports from 43,425 Metallic taste patients).
- Dry mouth has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 50,692 Dry mouth patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I had cough, runny nose and slight fever a week back. So after 2 days I took Benadryl. One day after taking Benadryl I noticed loss of smell and most of the taste (can't notice much other than sweet......I don't notice even very spicy food now.) Since 3 days I am trying steam, salt water ...
I have been taking 300mg of Invokana for less than a month but I have experienced a loss of taste. Mostly, my ability to taste sweet is gone leaving me only with salty or savory but it's also diminished. I can no longer drink any kind of diet soda as it just tastes like chemicals to me. Is ...
You may be interested in these reviews
Taken off cytomel 12.5 mcg after 15 years due to suppressed TSH. Have been on synthroid for over 20 years. Starting week 9 and have not been able to function for 3 weeks - lightheaded, brain fog, low energy, fatigue - how long will this last? My ESR level high.
Hello, How is everyone doing? Im new to the group cause im looking to find some answers because ive yet to find, Ive been dealing with some type of adrenal insufficiency for several years now and cant seem to get healthy know matter what i try, Ive done the vitamins, glandulars, and even ...
New to the group and have been going nuts trying to figure out why I had lost my sense of taste. A few months ago my pain management doc recommended it and it helps me get to sleep. I did a Google search on it and loss of taste, and boom! How long from when I stop taking it until my sense of ...
Need help with a issue, I have been on Omeprazole for several years, I was changed over to the generic due to insurance purposes, but recently I have been taking it and have experienced this HORRIBLE metallic taste in my mouth , any suggestions and will it go away?
I have been taking omeprazole for almost 6 years, in the last 3 years, I was changed to Esomeprazole and not had a problem at all , then just recently I have developed this AWFUL metallic taste, any ideas or information from others would be appreciated :)