A study for a 21 year old woman who takes Provera - from FDA reports
3,990 females aged 21 (±5) who take the same drug are studied. This is a personalized study for a 21 year old female patient who has Amenorrhea. The study is created by eHealthMe based on reports from FDA.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 19, 2017
3,990 females aged 21 (±5) who takes Provera are studied.
Number of reports submitted per year:
Information of the patient in this study:
- Age: 21
- Gender: female
- Conditions: Amenorrhea
- Drugs taken:
- Provera (medroxyprogesterone acetate)
- Side effects: Nosebleed
eHealthMe real world results:
Comparison with this patient's adverse outcomes:
- Nosebleed: 33 (0.83% of females aged 21 (±5) who take the drug)
As an adverse outcome could be a symptom of a condition, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, regardless of which drug is taken, how many female HBP patients aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Nosebleed in Amenorrhea: 0 (0% of females aged 21 (±5) who have Amenorrhea)
As an adverse outcome could be a side effect of a drug, additional studies are listed to help identify the cause: for example, how many female Aspirin users aged 50 (±5) have nausea
- Nosebleed in Provera: 33 (0.83% of females aged 21 (±5) who take Provera)
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Birth Control (1,763 people, 44.19%)
- Depression (105 people, 2.63%)
- Pain (81 people, 2.03%)
- Stress And Anxiety (73 people, 1.83%)
- Asthma (61 people, 1.53%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Yaz (135 people, 3.38%)
- Yasmin (133 people, 3.33%)
- Ibuprofen (99 people, 2.48%)
- Mirena (97 people, 2.43%)
- Zoloft (78 people, 1.95%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Unintended Pregnancy (426 people, 10.68%)
- Nausea (304 people, 7.62%)
- Weight Increased (289 people, 7.24%)
- Headache (263 people, 6.59%)
- Drug Ineffective (263 people, 6.59%)
* Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
You can also:
What are the drugs?
- Provera has active ingredients of medroxyprogesterone acetate. It is often used in menopause. (latest outcomes from Provera 48,612 users)
What are the conditions?
- Amenorrhea (absence of a menstrual period in a woman of reproductive age) can be treated by Provera, Medroxyprogesterone acetate (latest reports from 351 Amenorrhea patients)
What are the symptoms?
- Nosebleed (bleeding from nose) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, stroke, high blood pressure, thrombosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 43,955 Nosebleed patients).
Could your drugs cause:
Could your conditions cause:
Can you answer these questions?
I have been taking ibuprofen about 4 times a week for pain as needed for about a month. Last night I woke up and had a nose bleed. Can the ibuprofen cause this and if I stop taking it will the nose bleeds stop or has it stopped for you? It is 600mg per pill. The nose bleed did not last long, ...
This Delsym have had me up for 2 days without sleep because of the coughing and then diarrhea, when I had to blow my nose it started to bleed, I only took this medicine for 24 hours 10 ml per 12 hours, so this should not put me in this state. This drug should not be on the market.
So last week I had a nose bleed that sent me to the ER that last 1 hour. I've been dealing with them off and on now for a week. The first nose bleed came after the first time I had Biotin in months. So I'm trying to figure out now what's causing the bleeds. The Biotin, the high BP or both. ...
I get terrible nosebleeds and bruise easily. I stopped taking Aleve awhile ago and have tried Tylenol. I just read that Tylenol (Acetamenophine) can cause nose bleeds in women who are 60+ years. I am looking for a pain reliever that does NOT cause nose bleeds or bruising. I take extra ...
You may be interested in these reviews
I've been taking tramadol for pain for 8 months, today I had a nose bleed for almost 2 hours today, it has stopped flowing but its still drippy, my blood pressure is fine, but I was very hot before it started to flow from both nostrils, I work with someone who also takes tramdol for pain and ...
I have been on Simponi for over two years now and have suffered with bad nose bleeds three times and one finding very scary I would lime to.talk to others who have been going through this ,Thank you .
I was prescribed the Metoprolol by my doctor and after taking it for about a week I had a bad nose bleed in the middle of the night. I thought it was just a fluke but now a few days later I've had another nosebleed. Any suggestions on how I can stop this until I can get in to see my doctor?
I have been having nose bleeds for about a month on and off. Last night; a friend told me that cinnamon could be causing it. I texted my son and asked him to look it up. Not only was that true, but it can cause kidney problems as well. I am going to a specialist this afternoon; an Ear, Nose, ...